Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Alpine Air in Denver and Salt Lake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Alpine Air in Denver and Salt Lake?

I got hired to fly the Beech 99 at Alpine Air Express. They said they have a route available from Denver to Alamosa with another stop somewhere along the route. They said that is 4 days a week. Otherwise, I have the choice of a KSLC base flying from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole in the Beech 99.

Does anyone have any information on this company or routes? I am debating whether to move to Salt Lake or Denver right now.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Tsramb View Post
I got hired to fly the Beech 99 at Alpine Air Express. They said they have a route available from Denver to Alamosa with another stop somewhere along the route. They said that is 4 days a week. Otherwise, I have the choice of a KSLC base flying from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole in the Beech 99.

Does anyone have any information on this company or routes? I am debating whether to move to Salt Lake or Denver right now.
Got a friend who works for them and from what I've heard Denver area is expensive to live in and it doesn't help the airport is out in the country . You will earn less in Denver also.....4 day vs 5 days in Salt Lake I believe. Are you sure that 99 run is not a reserve? Last I heard the 99 run was a reserve so you may not fly sometimes and if that's the case you still get paid to show up but its half day pay. But if its a new run then ignore that last statement. Oh and this is just my friend's personal opinion....Alpine made a mistake about adding Denver to their operations. They already had a couple weekend runs but now that they are actually down there flying routes its hard to keep Denver staffed (more Denver pilots quit there than system wide in the last year) mostly due to the schedule and the UPS ground crew there and the way things run.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B200

This situation with UPS feeders has got to hit its nadir soon. I would hope that would catalyze a sea-change at big brown.

Alpine is offering guys, verbally at least, more than $70k to fly some of their routes in the 1900. I just don't see, given how much the pay has risen over when I used to fly this stuff, UPS can't just find it cheaper to bring this stuff under their own umbrella, at least in regard to owning the equipment. I'll admit I've never really analyzed the model, but right now Fed Ex feed is able to still appear dignified compared to this ****-show that UPS feed has turned into. Some of these guys, like Ameriflight, are chartering other UPS feeders to do their runs just so they can keep the numbers up for Brown. Years ago when our POI told me, "UPS doesn't deserve to have anybody flying contract for them" I thought it was close to done....but here we are.

UPS is the MESA of boxes.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

[QUOTE=Akutan Bandit;

UPS is the MESA of boxes.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 12:25 PM
New Hire

I was told the pay was for five days for the 4 day Denver route. I was also told that the route may change though. I opted for Salt Lake. I have heard bad things about the Denver UPS crew as well, and it seems like a long commute to the Denver airport each morning.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Hi, I noticed that you were hired for the SLC base. I was wondering how the part time and full time positions are scheduled in KSLC? I live in SLC currently and have been following Alpine Air for a few months now. Would love to find a job local to SLC.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:43 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by richrhg View Post
Hi, I noticed that you were hired for the SLC base. I was wondering how the part time and full time positions are scheduled in KSLC? I live in SLC currently and have been following Alpine Air for a few months now. Would love to find a job local to SLC.
I will let you know what I find out when I start.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:07 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Figured I'd chime in. Recently hired on as 1900 driver for SLC.

Company is great, especially compensation compared to other cargo companies.

The chief pilot is well regarded among all the pilots and looks out for us.

Benefits are great. FREE health insurance for singles and affordable good coverage for guys with families.

They should update their APC page. Little goodies like 10 day min guarantee and extra day's pay for double runs are killer perks.

SLC only became base in last 6 months I believe and has potential to grow.