Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

500 tt

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Oh I'm gonna have fun. Lemme get home, park and open a beer, Sherlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Oh I'm gonna have fun. Lemme get home, park and open a beer, Sherlock.

Please do!
Old 08-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

First of all thanks for giving some advice to the OP before giving me crap.

If I have a nice flying or not, and where I wanna fly is not of your business.

06-06: Yes he is really nice and yes I had 510h.

06-14: what

08-11: yes during the high season. And?

08-13: again, what. I should've said I'm getting closer. Yes I already have 150h ME, I hope it's ok with you.

I've also flown on my own since I decided I was coming here. I managed to build that time, not all of it as BN2 PIC. My average time though, again is not of your business.

LOTS of pilots on my situaiton or similar can tell that I always share information and answer their private messages, but you telling me to EXPLAIN what? Who are you?

Nobody is eager to find a job here. Islander is a blast, my bosses are great people, chief pilot the same, and coworkers are also really nice. What if I don't like PR, or the weather, or how the avocados taste here. Do you know me or my circumstances? Mind your business and don't act like you know someone because you read a few messages.

It's Flamenco, not Flamingo my friend. And I've been looking for a job for almost a year, you are gonna tell me what someone would give to get a job? If you read a few more messages or posts, you would find out a bit more about me and my potential sucking up, so again, mind your business.

Clearly Air Flamenco is cutting what? Are you really that arrogant?. Don't talk about my training or timeline because you don't know me and you don't know **** about how I do or I don't do things.

I couldn't care less about your training and your numbers.

"IF this is all legit"?

I'm blessed and grateful for my job. Way before you advised me to do so.

Now mind your business and give the OP some advice.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:09 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

or how the avocados taste here.
That is a legit question though and is very important for your QOL. How are they?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:22 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
Clearly Air Flemenco are cutting some corners with regards to training if that is the case. Based on your timeline, you were literally thrown into a BN2 off the bat? I am sure their 135 OpSpec would require some training? I fly 135 and had to do 1 week Indoc, 1 week systems, and 2-3 weeks of IOE. I logged a whopping 15 hours during my first month. On top of that, since you are flying in the Caribbean, I imagine you would had to complete some type of survival training? That's a lot to cover, and to have logged that much time in two months.....hmmmm.
"Clearly" is a strong word. 135 VFR "indoc" for 1 week is extremely slow, our ground school (Turbo 207 135 VFR) was 5 days, total. We fly a simple plane so we did systems in a day. I can't see BN2 systems syllabus take a week. They are simple planes. The fact that they don't do things like you're used to doesn't mean they are cutting corners.
Also, 2-3 weeks of IOE sounds like an exception in 135 VFR, we did all of our flight training and IOE in 6 days.

And no, we didn't "cut corners". Had to watch 2 hours of drug/alcohol prevention garbage etc because it is in the training program...
Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

First of all thanks for giving some advice to the OP before giving me crap.

If I have a nice flying or not, and where I wanna fly is not of your business.

06-06: Yes he is really nice and yes I had 510h.

06-14: what

08-11: yes during the high season. And?

08-13: again, what. I should've said I'm getting closer. Yes I already have 150h ME, I hope it's ok with you.

I've also flown on my own since I decided I was coming here. I managed to build that time, not all of it as BN2 PIC. My average time though, again is not of your business.

LOTS of pilots on my situaiton or similar can tell that I always share information and answer their private messages, but you telling me to EXPLAIN what? Who are you?

Nobody is eager to find a job here. Islander is a blast, my bosses are great people, chief pilot the same, and coworkers are also really nice. What if I don't like PR, or the weather, or how the avocados taste here. Do you know me or my circumstances? Mind your business and don't act like you know someone because you read a few messages.

It's Flamenco, not Flamingo my friend. And I've been looking for a job for almost a year, you are gonna tell me what someone would give to get a job? If you read a few more messages or posts, you would find out a bit more about me and my potential sucking up, so again, mind your business.

Clearly Air Flamenco is cutting what? Are you really that arrogant?. Don't talk about my training or timeline because you don't know me and you don't know **** about how I do or I don't do things.

I couldn't care less about your training and your numbers.

"IF this is all legit"?

I'm blessed and grateful for my job. Way before you advised me to do so.

Now mind your business and give the OP some advice.

Javichu,

"If I have a nice flying or not, and where I wanna fly is not of your business." - Then stop posting online, this is a public forum. It becomes everyone's business once you do.

"Now mind your business and give the OP some advice." - What? Again, you make it everyone's business when posting. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Lighten up a little! Wow! In a nutshell, you are lucky to be in a position that flies as much as you claim. I am not going to go back and forth with you on this, I was merely asking you about your experience and how you flew 150 hours in two months, some CFI's don't even log that much time. Apparently, your attitude did determine your altitude. It seems as though you interviewed with a lot of 135's but never could seem to get the call for a class date, instead you got put into a pool, while some others with less hours did the call. I now know why, you are little on the sensitive side. If you care less about "my" hours and training, why are you always asking others about theirs?

In conclusion, you are just lucky to be flying that many hours. Sometimes you have to make some sacrifices, even if you don't like where you work, or if the weather sucks, frankly it's part of the job. Good luck to you! Oh by the way, I love avocados.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Try PR avocados. You'll love them.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
"Clearly" is a strong word. 135 VFR "indoc" for 1 week is extremely slow, our ground school (Turbo 207 135 VFR) was 5 days, total. We fly a simple plane so we did systems in a day. I can't see BN2 systems syllabus take a week. They are simple planes. The fact that they don't do things like you're used to doesn't mean they are cutting corners.
Also, 2-3 weeks of IOE sounds like an exception in 135 VFR, we did all of our flight training and IOE in 6 days.

And no, we didn't "cut corners". Had to watch 2 hours of drug/alcohol prevention garbage etc because it is in the training program...
It's all subjective based on equipment and varies based on the operators training program. Heck, I wish I gotten through all my 135 training in one two weeks, I am flying Metro's.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:49 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
It's all subjective based on equipment and varies based on the operators training program. Heck, I wish I gotten through all my 135 training in one two weeks, I am flying Metro's.
You fly Metros at a 135 VFR operator?

135 VFR training is pretty light. No Opspecs C to go through to start with. Also, equipment is much simpler than pressurized turbine stuff.

Don't start making assumptions if you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm still into my first month including training, but I'm at around 40 hours now. I'll hit 55 this month. Yesterday I logged 5.7. And the season hasn't really started here yet.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
You fly Metros at a 135 VFR operator?

135 VFR training is pretty light. No Opspecs C to go through to start with. Also, equipment is much simpler than pressurized turbine stuff.

Don't start making assumptions if you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm still into my first month including training, but I'm at around 40 hours now. I'll hit 55 this month. Yesterday I logged 5.7. And the season hasn't really started here yet.
Nope, IFR 135.243(c)! Good luck with your training.