Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Wing Locker

Originally Posted by Skip0927 View Post
I thought they were going to have a townhall update every wednesday? All part of the new and improved WuP/GAMA
I have negative knowledge of that "K" anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Thinking about applying,how much time do you all fly and is there a contract? And from what I've read on this thread, since I live in PHX, that looks like an approved base? (If I'm reading that right)
Old 03-03-2018, 03:17 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018

how does the vacation time work out at Wheels Up?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by COKS View Post
Thinking about applying,how much time do you all fly and is there a contract? And from what I've read on this thread, since I live in PHX, that looks like an approved base? (If I'm reading that right)
Training Contract Yes

50 to 60 hours a month average flying

PHX is a base
Old 03-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by 402Driver View Post
how does the vacation time work out at Wheels Up?
1 week per year awarded by bid
Old 03-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Frieght Dog

I have been reading that places like NetJets and FlexJet require their crews to stick around the FBO until duty periods end. Is this the case at WUP?
The last operator I worked for was pretty reasonable with this. They'd let us know early in the day if they tacked on some additional flying. (Most of the time not). If not, sometimes they would have us hang out for hour or so at the FBO. If nothing came up, you are done.
Also, when are you alerted of the following day's schedule?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Petethedog View Post
I have been reading that places like NetJets and FlexJet require their crews to stick around the FBO until duty periods end. Is this the case at WUP?
The last operator I worked for was pretty reasonable with this. They'd let us know early in the day if they tacked on some additional flying. (Most of the time not). If not, sometimes they would have us hang out for hour or so at the FBO. If nothing came up, you are done.
They may have you hang out at the FBO to back up other aircraft, or they may send you to the hotel. In most cases you will not duty off until late afternoon/evening in case they need to pull you back out. It’s an ever changing schedule. You also get notified of the next day’s schedule when you duty-off under most circumstances. All subject to change as it’s a very fluid operation.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Petethedog View Post
If there are other aircraft in the vicinity scheduled to launch in the not so distant future, they will have you stick around to back them up. There's no sitting around just because you have duty time remaining like NetJets seems to do. If you end the day in a more remote area they will likely release you for the day. The next days tentative schedule is now being sent late afternoon and confirmed when you call to duty off.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

In addition to the pay listed in the thread, is there any additional pay for holidays, getting home late, etc, etc. What would you say the average pilot makes over the listed base salary each year?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by dbflyer View Post
In addition to the pay listed in the thread, is there any additional pay for holidays, getting home late, etc, etc. What would you say the average pilot makes over the listed base salary each year?
There is no holiday pay. There are only a couple ways to make extra money.

Assuming you are based at a Tier One base, you get $500 if they start you before 6AM on day 1 or home past midnight (from the timezone you started the duty day in) on day 8. So for day 8, if you're west coast based but start your day on the east coast, they have to get you back to base by 9PM Pacific time (midnight east coast time).

If you work a day off, the overtime rate is $650 (PIC)/$550 (SIC) per day.

If they have to shift your schedule for training, those days are either $500 per day if it was assigned on an off day. Comp days can sometimes also be worked out instead of the $500 if you don't want to loose your day off.

I would say the majority of pilots, unless they are willing to work days off, only make the salary plus maybe a couple days of getting home late.