Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 06:10 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Default Jetlinx

Interested in getting some current feedback on Jetlinx. Ive seen a couple of threads but they arent very active. Thought I would start a new one to get a conversation going.

Ive seen an increased hiring push as of late on various sites. Would be interested to hear from those who have first hand knowledge -- schedules, QOL, use of floaters (I dont live close to one of their current bases), Beechjet wages, benefits, willingness to fund CTP/ATP, etc...

Here's my story -- AF retired, KC-135 and T-1s, about 3500 TT, BE40 typed, about 1500hrs in the T-1. Out of cockpit for last 4 years. Working in Flt Sim business. Contemplating move back to flying.

Would be interested in speaking to a Jetlinx recruiter to get some specifics if one is on here.

Thx for the help!
FLPilot50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pilot0987's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLPilot50 View Post
Interested in getting some current feedback on Jetlinx. Ive seen a couple of threads but they arent very active. Thought I would start a new one to get a conversation going.

Ive seen an increased hiring push as of late on various sites. Would be interested to hear from those who have first hand knowledge -- schedules, QOL, use of floaters (I dont live close to one of their current bases), Beechjet wages, benefits, willingness to fund CTP/ATP, etc...

Here's my story -- AF retired, KC-135 and T-1s, about 3500 TT, BE40 typed, about 1500hrs in the T-1. Out of cockpit for last 4 years. Working in Flt Sim business. Contemplating move back to flying.

Would be interested in speaking to a Jetlinx recruiter to get some specifics if one is on here.

Thx for the help!
Good company culture. 401k not bad 100% up to 6%. Healthcare is average. If u send me an email I can get to a recruiter. [email protected]
pilot0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #3  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Default

You get 8 days a month off at jetlinx. I advise you think real long and hard about what you will be doing the other 20+ days a month. There is a reason companies are forced to resort to signing bonuses....and it isnt because its such an awesome job people are beating down the door to work there. That said some bases are better than others
chadjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadjetlag View Post
You get 8 days a month off at jetlinx. I advise you think real long and hard about what you will be doing the other 20+ days a month. There is a reason companies are forced to resort to signing bonuses....and it isnt because its such an awesome job people are beating down the door to work there. That said some bases are better than others
Any chance a jetlinx pilot could clear something up please, '' 8 hard day's off" per month. Something I am missing, do you folks only get 8 day's off in any given month? That cannot be right. Please, can someone explain your schedule. Thanks a bunch.
New Guy 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:22 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Any chance a jetlinx pilot could clear something up please, '' 8 hard day's off" per month. Something I am missing, do you folks only get 8 day's off in any given month? That cannot be right. Please, can someone explain your schedule. Thanks a bunch.
I believe the 8 hard days are bid based on seniority. Some choose to lump them all together, others use 2 per week.
smc2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 509
Lightbulb A Draconian schedule.......

Hi,

I ran into a Jetlinx crew a few weeks ago in SAT, and unfortunately.. yes, the schedule is “that” bad, with only 8 hard days per month off. Because of this, they and many of their friends were considering lesser paying jobs that gave them a real schedule with more time off.

They said that they did receive additional time off if they were not called, but that they could only count on those 8 days... To be fair, they added that if it weren’t for their Draconian schedule, that they were overall pleased with the other aspects of their job.

To the best of my knowledge, JetLinx now has the worst schedule in the industry, mirroring the awful schedules that Gama/Wheels Up (6 on/3 off) and Executive AirShare (12on/3off) used to have before revolving door attrition forced them to treat their pilots better, with (8/6), and (10/5, 8/6) schedules respectively.

It’s not 2013 anymore, and both Corporate and 135 pilots are coming to the realization that they don’t have to put up with this anymore..
B727DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hi,

I ran into a Jetlinx crew a few weeks ago in SAT, and unfortunately.. yes, the schedule is “that” bad, with only 8 hard days per month off. Because of this, they and many of their friends were considering lesser paying jobs that gave them a real schedule with more time off.

They said that they did receive additional time off if they were not called, but that they could only count on those 8 days... To be fair, they added that if it weren’t for their Draconian schedule, that they were overall pleased with the other aspects of their job.

To the best of my knowledge, JetLinx now has the worst schedule in the industry, mirroring the awful schedules that Gama/Wheels Up (6 on/3 off) and Executive AirShare (12on/3off) used to have before revolving door attrition forced them to treat their pilots better, with (8/6), and (10/5, 8/6) schedules respectively.

It’s not 2013 anymore, and both Corporate and 135 pilots are coming to the realization that they don’t have to put up with this anymore..
Thank you for responding to my request for any information concerning their totally awful schedule. Talk about no QOL! Who in their right mind would even think about applying to a outfit if you only get 8 maybe 9 day's off a month. I bet management or support office staff does not work 22, 23 day's a month. GET REAL Jetlinx.
New Guy 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Mox Nix's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900 Instructor (Part 142)
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc2020 View Post
I believe the 8 hard days are bid based on seniority. Some choose to lump them all together, others use 2 per week.
Not seniority-based, it's more specific to the aircraft you're assigned to... meaning tail #, not type. You're normally tied to one specific tail, and you coordinate your scheduled OFF days among the other pilot(s) assigned to that airplane. Some planes are crewed with 3 pilots, some are crewed with just 2. That depends on the contract that the company has with the aircraft owner. Jet Linx doesn't have their own fleet, they do aircraft management for airplane owners.

OR, you might be designated as a floater, which means you move between aircraft, which might also mean traveling to different bases to fill staffing gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
They said that they did receive additional time off if they were not called, but that they could only count on those 8 days... To be fair, they added that if it weren’t for their Draconian schedule, that they were overall pleased with the other aspects of their job.

To the best of my knowledge, JetLinx now has the worst schedule in the industry, mirroring the awful schedules that Gama/Wheels Up (6 on/3 off) and Executive AirShare (12on/3off) used to have before revolving door attrition forced them to treat their pilots better, with (8/6), and (10/5, 8/6) schedules respectively.
Important to do apples-to-apples comparisons. Gama/Wheels Up, and many other companies that do rotational schedules, also allow you to live wherever you want and they airline you to/from work to begin and end your rotation. So when you're "on", they own you... and if you're not flying you're on hotel or airport standby. Granted, the benefit with that arrangement is that when you're "off", you're actually OFF.

Jet Linx will have you live in-base (unless they hire/assign you to be a floater.) 8 hard days off doesn't mean you're "working" the other 22 days per month. When I was with Jet Linx, I was flying (or on layover away from home) an average of about 10-12 days per month. Some months were busier than others, and they pay an override if you fly more than 16 days per month. (the 16 day count includes layovers away from home)

So, if you're not flying, and it's not a hard OFF day, you're on standby. At home. They can only call you from 0800-1700L for same-day trips. After 1700L they can only call as late as 2000L to notify you for next-day trips. In my two years with Jet Linx, I only got called for pop-up trips about once a month (or less) on average.

On many of those standby days, you don't get called or used at all. So at 1701L, crack open a beer and enjoy the rest of the evening. I'll concede that this sort of arrangement does make it hard to make personal plans, since you don't know for sure whether you'll be on a trip or not on certain days.

And the flying varies. Again, 8 days off a month doesn't mean you're GONE for 20-22 days. And the contrast here with the rotational "fly-you-to-your-airplane" companies is that you're not spending all your "ON" days away from home. You might fly several out-and-back type days where you still come home each evening. You might go out for just an overnight, or you might be out on the road for 3-4 days or more. It varies.

Jet Linx's 8 days off was also an improvement over the 5 days per month they had when I first started there. So the company leadership recognizes the need to keep improving QOL for the pilot group. Could they do better? Maybe... if they keep having turnover and hiring problems, they might have to.

So I'm not necessarily trying to be a cheerleader for Jet Linx, I'm just trying to correct some misperceptions about the schedule and what "only 8 days off" means. Every company is different. QOL might mean different things to different people. Overall I was pretty satisfied with Jet Linx, and I thought I was treated pretty well there. Good company culture and safety culture. I left on good terms in July to start another position that fits me for this stage of life. But I would also consider working for them again if the right opportunity presented itself (aircraft type and location).
Mox Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:56 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F224's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hi,

I ran into a Jetlinx crew a few weeks ago in SAT, and unfortunately.. yes, the schedule is “that” bad, with only 8 hard days per month off. Because of this, they and many of their friends were considering lesser paying jobs that gave them a real schedule with more time off.

They said that they did receive additional time off if they were not called, but that they could only count on those 8 days... To be fair, they added that if it weren’t for their Draconian schedule, that they were overall pleased with the other aspects of their job.

To the best of my knowledge, JetLinx now has the worst schedule in the industry, mirroring the awful schedules that Gama/Wheels Up (6 on/3 off) and Executive AirShare (12on/3off) used to have before revolving door attrition forced them to treat their pilots better, with (8/6), and (10/5, 8/6) schedules respectively.

It’s not 2013 anymore, and both Corporate and 135 pilots are coming to the realization that they don’t have to put up with this anymore..

No that would be a company at the Flying Cloud airport. Promise eight days off a month, then pay only $200 to work on them. But the upside is the pilots know they will be off the last 8-10 days of each quarter.
F224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:46 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2008
Position: C208 BE58
Posts: 44
Default

Don’t forget, at least when I was there... They can make you move some of your “hard” days, with no additional compensation if an owner trip pops up.
aggie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jetlinx is hiring hubbs Hiring News 58 08-07-2018 07:53 PM
JetLinx titoheadfaceman Part 135 7 05-24-2018 03:35 PM
JetLinx Hiring TitleistPilot Part 135 0 12-19-2015 03:32 PM
JetLINX Harry Tasker Fractional 10 10-03-2014 11:37 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1