Contour Airlines

Subscribe
20  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 30 of 31
Go to
F/O
Hi Cerna

Now they do not differentiate between airline and charter. You are hired on the ERJ or CRJ for a specific base. All FO are now paid the lower FO rate of approximately 36K a year. Yes that is not a miss print. The new target hiring from what I've heard is 500-750 TTL for FO. Best of luck. Read the details of the employment agreement and be sure you understand the details and your cost to exit should the need arise.

Kampai
Quote: Hi Cerna

Now they do not differentiate between airline and charter. You are hired on the ERJ or CRJ for a specific base. All FO are now paid the lower FO rate of approximately 36K a year. Yes that is not a miss print. The new target hiring from what I've heard is 500-750 TTL for FO. Best of luck. Read the details of the employment agreement and be sure you understand the details and your cost to exit should the need arise.

Kampai
Asking for my friend's son... Just out of curiosity... Does the 36K a year pay come with or without a training bond. Also... is the rating a worthless, SIC Privileges Only, Type, or full Type Rating?
Bond/Contract.
Hi Captns

Yes comm SIC get a SIC type. The training is done at FSI or CAE so they really do get some training on the type. When they go for upgrade they will get the full type and ATP. Those who did the SIC with said training facilities normally will have a short course for the Type and ATP.

Yes the 36K salary does come with a Training Contract/Commitment. Prior to the Skywest investment it was a one year pro-rated contract. They don't require a posted bond just a signed contract. With she Skywest investment they are creating a "pathway" program which will take a Comm ME pilot at 500 hours to 121 Command. I do not know the details, commitments or penalties for a early exit. Was given a brief overview but few details. Have your friends boy read and have a knowledgeable friend read any contracts and be sure everyone understands the commitments and penalties.

Hope this information helps. If I can answer any other questions please post or PM.

Kampai
Quote: Hi Captns

Yes comm SIC get a SIC type. The training is done at FSI or CAE so they really do get some training on the type. When they go for upgrade they will get the full type and ATP. Those who did the SIC with said training facilities normally will have a short course for the Type and ATP.

Yes the 36K salary does come with a Training Contract/Commitment. Prior to the Skywest investment it was a one year pro-rated contract. They don't require a posted bond just a signed contract. With she Skywest investment they are creating a "pathway" program which will take a Comm ME pilot at 500 hours to 121 Command. I do not know the details, commitments or penalties for a early exit. Was given a brief overview but few details. Have your friends boy read and have a knowledgeable friend read any contracts and be sure everyone understands the commitments and penalties.

Hope this information helps. If I can answer any other questions please post or PM.

Kampai
Thanks for the info👍. I'll pass it along.
Hi Gals/Guys

CFM/Contour going forward with the Skywest investment will now only be adding CRJ aircraft in 30 seat configuration. No more ERJs are planned. That being said both ERJ/CRJ pilots should plan to fly the Airline/EAS as a primary duty with Charter being secondary. Granted the CRJ does have more Executive configured aircraft so more Charters for the CRJ. When you hire on don't expect only Charter unless you are on the CE560.

The recruiting team has updated the APC profile page for Contour and it is now very accurate. It has a link to the company website which has links to openings and the application portal. The website has also been updated and has a wealth of information for job seekers. Hope this helps. Any questions post or PM.

Kampai
900 hours with over 300 multi and not even a phone screen. I know nothing is guaranteed in this industry but they lowered their minimums. I hoped I could at least get a look. Maybe lots of higher time guys applying right now?
Quote: 900 hours with over 300 multi and not even a phone screen. I know nothing is guaranteed in this industry but they lowered their minimums. I hoped I could at least get a look. Maybe lots of higher time guys applying right now?
Has someone proofread your app? Do you have any skeletons in your closet? Recommendations? Internal recommendations?
Quote: 900 hours with over 300 multi and not even a phone screen. I know nothing is guaranteed in this industry but they lowered their minimums. I hoped I could at least get a look. Maybe lots of higher time guys applying right now?
Honest question. Did you think that within a few hours to days of hitting that submit button for your app, that the company HR staff were gonna be climbing over each other to call and schedule an interview with you?
F/O
Well recruiting is making me tell tales. The latest posting for F/Os differentate between charter/EAS and has different mins. However one F/O ORD based and one FLL based both were in the 860 TTL range. That I will stand by.

Hemi340 check your PM.

Kampai.
I threw my app in with 600tt/35me... Worth a shot I guess. I don't see them getting back to me.
20  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 30 of 31
Go to