Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Jet Edge (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/125366-jet-edge.html)

RiverRnr5 11-13-2019 08:27 AM

Jet Edge

Can anyone provide some insight into Jet Edge?
Looks like they have some home based options (SLC home base)
As well as an opening for SIC on a G200 out of SLC.
Curious to what pay, QOL, schedule, etc... are like.
Thank you!

Climbto450 11-19-2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by RiverRnr5 (Post 2922986)
Can anyone provide some insight into Jet Edge?
Looks like they have some home based options (SLC home base)
As well as an opening for SIC on a G200 out of SLC.
Curious to what pay, QOL, schedule, etc... are like.
Thank you!

I know some of the guys and some of their management. They have a great core group of experienced pilots. They may not pay the best but they are fun and really understand the industry.

JRSK 11-28-2019 08:18 AM

I'd like to know about home basing as well...

David Puddy 12-18-2019 06:46 PM

JetEdge BBJ PIC & SIC Positions @ VNY

Anyone know about the open PIC and SIC positions on the BBJ out of VNY? How is the pay and the schedule? Friend with previous 135 experience who is now typed and current on the 737 is looking to get back to SoCal (despite the crazy taxes). Not interested in more 121 flying.

PMs welcome too.

sspilot 12-04-2021 06:05 AM

Captain

Jet Edge is a Horrible place to work. I was there a year which was a year to long. Management from Bill P. CEO to Greg M VP of flight are the type who ruin the aviation industry. They have no business ethics and have complete contempt for pilots. Training is a joke. Pay is well below industry standard. No vacation. Flight schedule is non stop until you call in fatigued which they frown upon. The company is an accident waiting to happen. Do your self a favor and stay far away from this bottom feeder.

captjns 12-05-2021 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by sspilot (Post 3330863)
Jet Edge is a Horrible place to work. I was there a year which was a year to long. Management from Bill P. CEO to Greg M VP of flight are the type who ruin the aviation industry. They have no business ethics and have complete contempt for pilots. Training is a joke. Pay is well below industry standard. No vacation. Flight schedule is non stop until you call in fatigued which they frown upon. The company is an accident waiting to happen. Do your self a favor and stay far away from this bottom feeder.

You lost me with training pay, then pay below industry standard.

AA717driver 12-18-2021 05:00 AM

I ran into one of their crews at a hotel the other night. The FO seemed really happy. He was pretty enthusiastic about the operation.

TC

AA717driver 12-18-2021 05:21 AM

How does their home basing work? It shows several bases but “home based”.

TC

Cloud 9 12-20-2021 05:59 PM

Am on the challenger at Jet edge, most captains here on my equipment is between 140-165k and FO is at 85-100k. If that is below industry standards please point me in the right direction. The home based guys or floating fleet works on 2 schedules and it’s up to the crew to do either a 15/13 or 11/9. Travel day on both ends so the 15 then 13 hard days off. Otherwise am pretty happy here , been here 4plus years and I never really had an issue with the company. There are things I wish they do better but for what’s it worth most guys are happy here. There are a lot of jobs out there.

fitflyer 01-12-2022 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cloud 9 (Post 3339342)
Am on the challenger at Jet edge, most captains here on my equipment is between 140-165k and FO is at 85-100k. If that is below industry standards please point me in the right direction. The home based guys or floating fleet works on 2 schedules and it’s up to the crew to do either a 15/13 or 11/9. Travel day on both ends so the 15 then 13 hard days off. Otherwise am pretty happy here , been here 4plus years and I never really had an issue with the company. There are things I wish they do better but for what’s it worth most guys are happy here. There are a lot of jobs out there.

How's the training? They have several openings for captains. I'm a CA on the e175 in the 121 world and wondering how feasible it would be to go in as a CA there. I get that a lot of that comes down to the pilot, but....there are training programs...and there are training programs. :-)