Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

15/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Default 15/13

I’ve noticed multiple 135 outfits going to this schedule as their only option. Are most of you good with that? I’ve passed on a great offer because that was a show stopper.

Maybe it’s just me.

TC
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

I'm actually looking for such schedule, could you pm me that position? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Just look below, and to the right at the ads.

Originally Posted by mjpilot View Post
Hey MJ,

You can look above, below, or to your right on this Forum at all the ads for flyExclusive, XOJET, and WheelsUp, which all offer that schedule. We also offer the 8/6, but I prefer the 15/13. They are also talking about a sort of Part Time schedule, but that is still up in the air so to speak.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

15/13 was a non-starter for me, but some folks seem to like it. Like B727DRVR said, it's nice to have options. That's what really matters...
Old 08-03-2022, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
I’ve noticed multiple 135 outfits going to this schedule as their only option. Are most of you good with that? I’ve passed on a great offer because that was a show stopper.

Maybe it’s just me.

TC
I'm fairly new and fly on the 8/6 schedule. I have noticed the time flys by (pun intended). By the time you get to the airplane on the first day of your rotation and leave on the 8th day, the time in between goes by really quickly. I also feel the 6 days of home goes by too quickly! I have thought about the 15/13 and would probably try it if my significant other was on board, she is not quite there. You are actually home more on the 15/13, AND (at our company) pay is more. I may try to work out a 3 month trial and see how it goes!

I should also say, most of the pilots I fly with that have kids at home prefer the 15/13 and say its better for home life
Old 08-03-2022, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

15/13 could be the best possible schedule ever or it could be the worst possible. It all depends. One aspect is what kind of fleet you're on. I would imagine if you're actually really busy during those 15 days every single time, it would't be that great. I was lucky in that generally it was easy schedules, not flying every day and only the occasional redeye. If you're single, 15/13 is amazing! You're on the road doing your thing and then when you get home you're on a long vacation every single time. You have pretty much 13 uninterrupted off days to travel or do whatever. The main issue obviously is family. You have to have a really understanding spouse with kids. I don't really buy the whole "but I get to be home for 13 days with them". There's a huge difference between being gone for 3 nights on a 4 day trip vs being gone for 2 weeks. The spouse/kids will still remember you after 3 days. If you're gone for 2 weeks then you'll be that stranger that turns up again every 2 weeks, I mean it's definitely not a long term solution. I feel like if you don't have kids it's doable but with kids I say no way. That's just how I feel about it.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by mjpilot View Post
FlyExclusive, JetEdge, XOJet, Vista Jet, Worldwide Jet Charter…to name a few. Of course, Flexjet and Netjets offer longer tours, too.

TC
Old 08-03-2022, 04:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
15/13 could be the best possible schedule ever or it could be the worst possible. It all depends. One aspect is what kind of fleet you're on. I would imagine if you're actually really busy during those 15 days every single time, it would't be that great. I was lucky in that generally it was easy schedules, not flying every day and only the occasional redeye. If you're single, 15/13 is amazing! You're on the road doing your thing and then when you get home you're on a long vacation every single time. You have pretty much 13 uninterrupted off days to travel or do whatever. The main issue obviously is family. You have to have a really understanding spouse with kids. I don't really buy the whole "but I get to be home for 13 days with them". There's a huge difference between being gone for 3 nights on a 4 day trip vs being gone for 2 weeks. The spouse/kids will still remember you after 3 days. If you're gone for 2 weeks then you'll be that stranger that turns up again every 2 weeks, I mean it's definitely not a long term solution. I feel like if you don't have kids it's doable but with kids I say no way. That's just how I feel about it.
Yep. My soon to be wife is not on board.

TC
Old 08-04-2022, 08:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Any of the Wheels Up guys on here (Mountain affiliate) fly the 15/13 sked? Is it something you can switch back and forth from, or are you stuck with the 8/6 OR the 15/13 indefinitely once you bid it at new-hire?
Old 08-06-2022, 03:34 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
Yep. My soon to be wife is not on board.

TC
Wow, that's a first.
My then girlfriend was told, way back when, to expect that I won't be around for any given holiday, birthday, family gathering, etc.
I told her to start dating a banker, realtor, or some dude at Initech if she wanted anything different.

Having kids, sure, they only grow up once. But a girlfriend?

There are plenty of stores that sell pants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pants.jpg (3.8 KB, 265 views)