Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quote from WU Financial Filing

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 01:34 PM
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X
Default Quote from WU Financial Filing

I know there is separate WU thread but this cut/paste from the SEC filing this week is worth noting to all in the 135 space

Wheels Up Experience Inc. (the “Company” or “Wheels Up”) is unable to file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2023
(the “Form 10-Q”) by the prescribed due date.

As previously disclosed in its Current Report on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) on June 23, 2023,
the Company is working with a number of advisors and industry participants around securing new strategic investments, raising capital, and
executing previously disclosed strategic divestitures.
On August 8, 2023 the Company entered into a short-term capital infusion in the form
of a secured promissory note with Delta Air Lines, Inc. These efforts have involved significant resources and have been a priority for management,
thereby diverting significant management time and internal resources from the Company’s processes to review and complete its financial
statements and related disclosures in a manner that would permit a timely filing of the Form 10-Q. For this reason, the Company will be unable,
without unreasonable effort or expense, to complete and file the Form 10-Q within the prescribed time period.

The potential investments and/or capital raise described above are subject to market and other conditions that are not within
the Company’s control. Absent the ability of the Company to obtain this additional funding in the near-term, the Company has
concluded that there is substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern for any meaningful period of time after
the filing of this Form 12b-25.

The Company is endeavoring to complete its financial close process and file its Form 10-Q on or before Monday, August 14, 2023, which is
within the five- calendar day extension provided by Rule 12b-25

(Further in the report we have this interesting q/a found in the SEC Form 12b-25)

2. Is it anticipated that any significant change in results of operations from the corresponding period for the last fiscal year will be reflected
by the earnings statements to be included in the subject report or portion thereof?
Yes x No ̈

(Wheels Up financial experts answered YES, the explanation is below)

During the three months ended June 30, 2023, the Company experienced a more material reduction in deferred revenue than expected,
which resulted in a substantial use of cash and cash equivalents. The Company also anticipates that it will have a material non-cash
goodwill impairment

_______

Definition of terms in the last sentence

“A non-cash asset impairment charge is an accounting entry that reflects a reduction in the value of an asset due to a
decrease in its expected future cash flows or fair value”

That sounds ominous and is meant to be I suspect

Source: https://www.bgtrading.com.au/resourc...20fair%20value.

First let me say I’m totally empathetic to the 3000+ employees, all current pilots of WU, DPJ, Mountain Air and other operators
absorbed by WU. I saw a slow death at XO with Vista so I’ve had a small taste of that but it is never easy to see your
company discussed in forums in this manner and suffer with bad management decisions
If I I’ve offended anyone with my tone or words, my apologies.

Some of the professionals on here have greater insight to how a demise and dissolving of WU would affect us
all who operate in the 135 space.

id be interested to hear those thoughts. I simply ask for respectful comments as our friends at WU are still living in an uncertain
world at WU and that is never easy.

1. Topics for discussion are what this could mean for our fellow pilots, impact on overall job market.

2. Airplane liquidations in a larger than normal annual amount, opportunities or pitfalls?

3. Job openings/ideas for WU professionals who maybe thinking of leaving, websites are fine but specific names, contact info would be helpful and save the reader
time

4. Other impact no one is thinking of, I.e. impact on low time pilots entering job market with experienced pilots through possible furloughs, reductions, etc
looking for jobs

thanks for reading and posting
Old 08-11-2023, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Default Summary of 135 hours flown 1st half

Here's some slightly good news for WU and news from other major 135 operators:

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ource=hs_email

As posted elsewhere 135 overall is down 10% in the first half. 18 of the top 25 carriers saw a decline in flight hours.

WU is still at the top with 70,258 hours which is down 12,225 from last year. (guess that doesn't really qualify as "slightly good", my bad)

EJM is in 2nd place, XO Jet slid to 9th place however Jet Edge (owned by XO Jet's parent company) saw a leap from 14,069 to 29,011.

Exclusive Jets moved to #4 and Solairus Aviation is #5.

The rest of the top 10 are: Jet Linx, Jet Aviation, XOJet, and Clay Lacy.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:25 PM
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

AirBear

If more miles equates to more profits I would agree with you but as you point out, a closer look at the numbers shows a decline in hours flown.

Unlike the US Gov, when Uncle Sam goes over budget or hit a spending limit, they print more money. Companies (WU) don’t have that option

Any 135 company realizes pretty quickly that flying planes cost big money and if xx number of planes flying is not making you $$s, adding more airplanes just means you go bankrupt sooner if processes aren’t in place for efficiency a close eye on costs.

The company I work for is very small but the owner acknowledged early on just because we have XX number of planes, if flying XX causes u to lose money every month but fly XY number makes sense=profitability, then you fly XY. Bigger is better only if you have taken into account all the variables and realistically assessed the impact of those factors on the bottom line

For example, XO’s move 3000 miles resulted in losing 80% of the corporate knowledge and culture when departing SMF. A bunch of Indeed ads are not filling that void. I heard mandatory corporate move for Mountain Air hdgtrs folks has resulted in a similar situation but I could be wrong. Exceptional leaders take that into account, bean counters/managers disregard that concern and believe “we can hire other folks like the ones we lost”.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022

A lot of the folks left at WU are just waiting for their bonus that is suppose to come in SEPT and are bailing already having job offers elsewhere. I spent many years at one of the companies they destroyed with their merger and most of us started our exit plan the day the merger was announced. Kenny's ponze scheme.