Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Training Date Bumped... again.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 09:21 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Default Training Date Bumped... again.

How common is it to have your training date bumped, especially more than once? Is that just how it goes or should I be concerned that the job will go away?
Old 11-25-2023, 10:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by SlipsWithFlaps View Post
How common is it to have your training date bumped, especially more than once? Is that just how it goes or should I be concerned that the job will go away?
If it happens more than once, probably the latter.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:26 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
If it happens more than once, probably the latter.
Thanks. Just happened again for the second time, within less than two weeks from my class date. Also notice that they've still not pulled my PRD, despite me accepting the offer several months ago.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Planesense is known for this, also with the promise to get you into the PC24 in short period of time. Start looking elsewhere bud.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Plane Sense doesn't promise to get you into the PC24 in a short period of time. They do publish a jet flow for the pilots and it is being done as stated. Currently pilots with 4 years seniority are becomin SICs in the 24.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Take my advice for what it’s worth. With as much hiring that’s been going on for at least 5 years in 121, why not just ditch 135??? There are so many shady things, shady people, and shady deals that go on in that part of this industry it’s insane. I worked outside of aviation before becoming a CFI/professional pilot, so I have some outside perspective besides just aviation, and I’ve never witnessed as much illegal/sketchy XXXX like I have in 135/91 aviation. Are there some good 135/91’s out there? Yea, I don’t doubt it. But it’s like putting your hand into a bucket that has mostly venomous snakes, and a few non-venomous snakes. You reach into the bucket to snag one that you hope isn’t gonna bite you. But you don’t know which ones are venomous or non-venomous. It’s a risk, a huge risk in my opinion, to your career by choosing to go the 135 route. Especially with the majority of those low tier jobs that are stepping stones.

Get your CFI certificate if you don’t already have it, and start building your time to get above the 1500 hour threshold. Get into a cadet program if you can as well. Not that I’m a huge fan of those, but it seems to be the thing that helps low time FO’s get hired on at regionals right now, at least until they’ll start needing more low time FO’s.

Trust me when I say that flight schools and their BullXXX are a lot easier to deal with than 135/91’s and their bullXXXX. Deal with it, and then move on to the regionals or maybe even try applying to an LCC like frontier. Then, after getting some experience as a 121 pilot, let’s say you come to find out that airline life isn’t for you. In that case you will be much more marketable applying to the better 135 companies and can skip the crappy ones.

BTW this company that’s been extending your training date doesn’t sound like they’re communicating with you at all. It seems like they’re keeping you in the dark. I smell a dead rat, but that’s just me speaking from experience.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:17 AM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Unless this is your dream job and you never ever ever ever want to work anywhere else ever again….start looking yesterday.
This is not some loyalty test, they’re expecting you to walk.
Old 12-03-2023, 03:51 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Cleared4appch View Post
Take my advice for what it’s worth. With as much hiring that’s been going on for at least 5 years in 121, why not just ditch 135??? There are so many shady things, shady people, and shady deals that go on in that part of this industry it’s insane. I worked outside of aviation before becoming a CFI/professional pilot, so I have some outside perspective besides just aviation, and I’ve never witnessed as much illegal/sketchy XXXX like I have in 135/91 aviation. Are there some good 135/91’s out there? Yea, I don’t doubt it. But it’s like putting your hand into a bucket that has mostly venomous snakes, and a few non-venomous snakes. You reach into the bucket to snag one that you hope isn’t gonna bite you. But you don’t know which ones are venomous or non-venomous. It’s a risk, a huge risk in my opinion, to your career by choosing to go the 135 route. Especially with the majority of those low tier jobs that are stepping stones.

Trust me when I say that flight schools and their BullXXX are a lot easier to deal with than 135/91’s and their bullXXXX.[size=33px]

This is, hands down, one of the most accurate descriptions of the 135 world that I've ever seen/read.
100% truth.[/size]