Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet and school

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Airnet and school

airnet pilots, i've never worked at night and wondered if it is possible to take classes part time while working at airnet. are u awake long enough during the day to do it? i'm interested in airnet, but would like to do a part-time masters program. it'd be great if i could avoid putting my aviation career on hold, but i'm afraid i might have to. assume six hours of sleep per night....
Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Line Holder

depends on what run you may get or where you will be based.. normally i work monday-thursday.. start at 8pm and get home no later than 6 am. i go to sleep when i get home and then wake up around 1 pm. so i have a few hours to do whatever. it just depends what schedule you will have for classes and how much sleep you need. good luck
Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

Working overnight and doing ANYTHING else during the day is tough. If you're doing out and backs, the four or five hours you're sitting at the outstation would be a perfect time to take courses online if the FBO has internet access.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

We have had several pilot complete their MBA and Masters here at Airnet, so yeah I would say you can do it. It's all going to depend on how you are able to adjust to working at nights and off course how diciplined you are.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Line Holder

thats great. were they mostly online type programs or were they able to take classes?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Originally Posted by Jason5 View Post
thats great. were they mostly online type programs or were they able to take classes?
I'm not sure about the others, but I have just started a program online mylsef and it will be hard but highly doable.

GL,