Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/25915-cape-air.html)

fjetter 05-01-2008 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DiputadoVolador (Post 376890)
They hire FOs so they can help you build hours, get an ATP, and upgrade to Captain. They pay you $9/hour as an FO, I think that is for duty hours and not just flight hours. But if you look at it like they are paying you to build time and upgrade it's a pretty good deal. Plus you are home every night. I was offered another job which was closer to home so I didn't take it. However I was really impressed with the company and management, the CEO flies the line every summer. I think that they are worth looking into.

I know the F/O pay is duty hours. But I was just thinking it might be a good time builder that doesn't include stalls and slow flight. I'm originally from CT so it'd be nice to be back near home. One of my buddies did an internship with them and spoke very highly of them. Which is more than some people will speak of the regionals that would hire me at this time.

bullmechum 05-01-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins (Post 377463)
I don't know where you got that from, but it is not true. Jetblue does not like hiring turbo-prop pilots, much less piston, no way, no how.

FYI-Jet Blue's Chief System Pilot has a turbo-prop background.
There also counting turbine rotor time now.

Cape Air-Good.......Nantucket Shuttle- BAD! Stay away young jedi.

triflyier 05-01-2008 03:39 PM

Cape Air is a great company, the top 40-50% of the seniority list is made of guys with 10+ years in the company and they won't trade it for any regional.
And the pay compared by size/number of pax beats any RJ job.

PiperPower 05-01-2008 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bri85 (Post 377510)
Riddle has a program with Cape Air and Jet Blue- I hear theres some students already at Cape Air enrolled in this program
oComplete a paid internship at Cape Air
oGraduate from a degree program accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International
oJetBlue Airways Orientation
oServe as a Flight Instructor for one year at respective University
oFly for Cape Air for approximately 2 ½ years gaining another 2500 hours of experience
oAttend a jet transition refresher program designed by their respective University
oFinal Interview at JetBlue Airways

UND has the same program. I have a friend who just went through the interview process to get accepted into the program.

FlyingChipmunk 05-01-2008 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by bullmechum (Post 377545)
FYI-Jet Blue's Chief System Pilot has a turbo-prop background.
There also counting turbine rotor time now.

Cape Air-Good.......Nantucket Shuttle- BAD! Stay away young jedi.

I second that If you have ever flown in the same airspace Nantucket Shuttle you would understand... SCARY!!:eek:

I am a Captain for CapeAir now if you have any questions PM me, I am too lazy to monitor the thread.. :D

If it helps I actually like my job..

Stonefly 05-01-2008 05:47 PM

I'm not saying that I'm flying for Nantucket Shuttle, didn't take the job as a matter of fact. I know nothing about the operation other than their hiring. HYA is a two hour drive anyway, too far for me.

cosmosdrvr 05-03-2008 07:29 PM

At what time of the year do they hire for the Carribean?

robthree 05-04-2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by cosmosdrvr (Post 378855)
At what time of the year do they hire for the Carribean?

Anytime. Couple open lines down there right now. The majority of the Carib flying is obviously winter time, whilst the majority of summer flying is on the Cape.

mcartier713 05-04-2008 12:04 PM

the airplane is typed single pilot right? (the 402)... so per the regs, is there a requirement for two pilots? or is the guy in the right seat just out of luck as far as logging the time goes?

the company is also 121/135 right? when/whats the difference?

also, whats the upgrade time right now?

Ewfflyer 05-05-2008 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by mcartier713 (Post 379136)
the airplane is typed single pilot right? (the 402)... so per the regs, is there a requirement for two pilots? or is the guy in the right seat just out of luck as far as logging the time goes?

the company is also 121/135 right? when/whats the difference?

also, whats the upgrade time right now?

Some 135's can have it in their ops specs to have 2-pilots. Also for pax operations, if there isn't an approved/installed autopilot, 2 pilots are required. I'm guessing they have autopilot, it's just a formality. 99% of the public likes to see 2 pilots.