Airline Pilot Central Forums
3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 7 of 9
Go to

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Key Lime Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30196-key-lime-air.html)

tlove482 11-25-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyHigh (Post 717085)
Agreed, in aviation there are no points for taking the hard road. If you have money and can buy a job then all the better. Others have parents in high places. Use the advantages that you have.

Skyhigh

If you have enough money to buy a job at this point in time, you probably don't need to work in the first place.

SkyHigh 11-25-2009 09:07 PM

Well

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlove482 (Post 717087)
If you have enough money to buy a job at this point in time, you probably don't need to work in the first place.

In case you missed the memo pilots do the job because they love it not because it is a source of income. Most guys would fly for free if given the opportunity. :)

Skyhigh

Plantation Air 11-26-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyHigh (Post 717208)
In case you missed the memo pilots do the job because they love it not because it is a source of income. Most guys would fly for free if given the opportunity. :)

Skyhigh

I wish more folks in this gig were like you brother. Seem few and far between though. Cheers.

tlove482 11-26-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyHigh (Post 717208)

Skyhigh

In that case, shouldn't they do it for a hobby instead of a career? I mean, i'm all about liking my job but money is a big factor in actually doing it. If I didn't need money, I would just go fly around for fun instead of finding a company to work for for free.

minitour 11-26-2009 03:46 PM

I fly to pay the bills. I enjoy certain aspects of it, but in the end it's one of a few things I'm skilled at and it pays the bills. That makes it a job and possibly a career.

If I were doing it as something I enjoy doing, it would become a recreation or hobby.

-mini

wrxpilot 11-26-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyHigh (Post 717085)
Agreed, in aviation there are no points for taking the hard road. If you have money and can buy a job then all the better. Others have parents in high places. Use the advantages that you have.

Skyhigh

Nice. You're a bitter old man, and now you're doing your best to screw new guys coming up the ranks. You really are a piece of work.

Listen up you guys and girls that want to pay your way into jobs:
People like me will be looking for you on the way up. You will not be hired by us. Your logbooks are easy to spot and will leave you with a big blackmark.

Don't listen to this pathetic nonsense about doing whatever it takes to get to the top. Have some freaking honor and pay your dues like the rest of us. It's how you learn and build some character. Most of us (including myself) did not have rich parents, we just worked our butts off, made connections by not screwing everybody around us, and paid our dues like those before us.

ZBowFlyz 11-26-2009 10:30 PM

I know you are excited but take the time to read all of posts made by the guys who are saying PFT is okay. That should give you alot of information about what kind of person is giving the advice.

Click on the screen name and click on the "find more posts from XXXX"

SkyHigh 11-27-2009 06:36 AM

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxpilot (Post 717489)
Nice. You're a bitter old man, and now you're doing your best to screw new guys coming up the ranks. You really are a piece of work.

Listen up you guys and girls that want to pay your way into jobs:
People like me will be looking for you on the way up. You will not be hired by us. Your logbooks are easy to spot and will leave you with a big blackmark.

Don't listen to this pathetic nonsense about doing whatever it takes to get to the top. Have some freaking honor and pay your dues like the rest of us. It's how you learn and build some character. Most of us (including myself) did not have rich parents, we just worked our butts off, made connections by not screwing everybody around us, and paid our dues like those before us.

Spoken like someone who has no money or parents in high places. :)

Skyhigh

Superpilot92 11-27-2009 06:44 AM

Deleted .

SkyHigh 11-27-2009 06:51 AM

Experience

In my experience during hard times I have seen pilots lie about their time, buy jobs and exploit every contact they had to get their dream going.

I took the hard road and waited to take the job opportunities as they naturally came. I did not come from money or contacts. It was slow and miserable but I felt sure that fate would reward those who were earnest and lived straight forward lives. I did get a good life out of the choices I made but my flying career suffered.

There are no points given in aviation for intentionally taking the hard road. If someone has an opportunity to buy flight time then it is no different from the guy whose father makes calls on his kids behalf. Take the advantages you have and do not put down others who exploit theirs.

Everyone is in it for ourselves. Aviation is not a religion. We all have different cards dealt to us. I know a guy whose father owned a plane. He exploited his fathers plane early on to build time and now flies a 777. What is the difference between a guy who fly's his fathers plane to build free time and one who uses his fathers money to buy time at an airline?

Skyhigh