Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Key Lime Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30196-key-lime-air.html)

2muchfr8time 12-13-2009 01:49 AM

is this thread still about Key Lime Air ?

I worked at Key Lime for about 6 years and had time in the chieftain, 404 and the Metro's

Maintenance in that time was never a problem, the mechanics are good and know the planes well

As far as them telling you fly or your fired I never witnessed or heard of it , they do expect you to fly when the weather is at minimums and I would imagine if someone was not comfortable shooting approaches to mins and turned down too many flight's that were at or above minimums they would let you go, but I have not had a job where you could fly when you felt like it and get paid ..if you know of any pass it on I wanna work there.

as far as SIC goes ... if it was more work letting the SIC fly, than not letting them fly they got to load freight and watch me fly.

The only thing I can say was not cool there, was the UPS schedule, but the Metro is a great airplane when you get it dialed in, it's a blast.

Plantation Air 12-13-2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2muchfr8time (Post 726335)
is this thread still about Key Lime Air ?

I worked at Key Lime for about 6 years and had time in the chieftain, 404 and the Metro's

Maintenance in that time was never a problem, the mechanics are good and know the planes well

As far as them telling you fly or your fired I never witnessed or heard of it , they do expect you to fly when the weather is at minimums and I would imagine if someone was not comfortable shooting approaches to mins and turned down too many flight's that were at or above minimums they would let you go, but I have not had a job where you could fly when you felt like it and get paid ..if you know of any pass it on I wanna work there.

as far as SIC goes ... if it was more work letting the SIC fly, than not letting them fly they got to load freight and watch me fly.

The only thing I can say was not cool there, was the UPS schedule, but the Metro is a great airplane when you get it dialed in, it's a blast.

10-4 Im on the backside of the consideration power curve :D

PilotGuy69 01-12-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by SkyKing67 (Post 565575)
Just for information, Got a call for Kat at KeyLime offered me a Job PIC on the Metro. I have zero Metro but 8750 tt and 4200 jet with 3 type ratings (no 135 exp). But the sad thing is its the first real offer in more than 2 months. Pay was 35K a year for 4 days flying, she said that most all fly 5 days at 165.00 extra a week.

Did you take the job? I hope not!! (-former Key Lime pilot).

PilotGuy69 01-12-2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate (Post 566976)
"Proceed with caution" is the common theme about Key Lime.

If that ain't the truth!!

It's allot of work, but review the FAA & NTSB history of investigations, incidents and accidents and fatalities' before you even think of working at Key Lime Air.

sully1125 07-05-2010 12:45 PM

Take the job and learn

If you take the job, you'll be a better pilot when you walk out the door.

Not for the faint of heart. If you've been flight instructing or flying VFR, be ready to learn and fly hard.

People that left did so for better schedules or couldn't handle the schedule or work. Not a bad thing. It's can be a problem if you have family or a life.

Maintenance is as good as any freight company.

particlem86 07-15-2010 11:20 AM

Any news or updates on those who have been/are with key lime?
I can't help but think that most problems people are having with this company either 1. aren't backed up with actual experiences, or 2. are more personal problems other than company problems.
but hey, I could be way off.

airplaneit 10-17-2010 07:58 AM

Calling people again

Well it's time to re-awaken the Key Lime Air thread. I was called for a phone interview. Any up-to-date perceptions about the company? For one thing it sounds like they're basing most pilots out of Denver now. They also have crew cars for you to use outstation.