Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SA-227 information manual and limitations needed (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30765-sa-227-information-manual-limitations-needed.html)

freightdog 09-07-2008 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by lauchlanair (Post 457148)
B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!

I think I would rather fly for Key Lime rather than Sierra West.

jonnyjetprop 09-08-2008 02:01 AM

I'd rather fly for Ameriflight. It's the only company other than my present employer, that's still in business.

I was class of 1988-89, when 34AK was just old:rolleyes:

INTERNET PILOT 09-08-2008 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by lauchlanair (Post 457148)
B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!

they're not that bad. We (I work for SWA) have 4 metros, only one of which is in really bad shape, 2 are in so-so condition, and the fourth we just bought and haven't flown it yet, but I heard it's nice. The one in bad shape has only had one real bad thing go wrong with it since I started which was a hydraulic failure, but thats nothing that can't be dealt with. What do you expect for airplanes with 60,000 hours on them?

As far as the interview, all I did was show up to training the first day, had a 15 minute conversation with the DO, then went over and started training.

b18onboost 09-08-2008 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT (Post 457816)
they're not that bad. We (I work for SWA) have 4 metros, only one of which is in really bad shape, 2 are in so-so condition, and the fourth we just bought and haven't flown it yet, but I heard it's nice. The one in bad shape has only had one real bad thing go wrong with it since I started which was a hydraulic failure, but thats nothing that can't be dealt with. What do you expect for airplanes with 60,000 hours on them?

As far as the interview, all I did was show up to training the first day, had a 15 minute conversation with the DO, then went over and started training.

Hey when did you get hired or interviewed? I heard there's a new DO in town now.

INTERNET PILOT 09-08-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 457958)
Hey when did you get hired or interviewed? I heard there's a new DO in town now.

It was back when the old DO was still in charge. I guess the new guy may be doing things differently, I don't know. Did they really tell you to look over metro stuff, or was it someone else who recommend you look over Metro stuff? When I got hired, I didn't know what a Metro looked like. All I knew was it was a twin engine turboprop.

At any rate, we have 5 FOs tight now in the Metro, and only 3 captains. I find it kinda odd that they are hiring more...

belliott 09-08-2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT (Post 457816)

I thought they timed out at like 35,000 hours... hmmmm... weird....

INTERNET PILOT 09-08-2008 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by belliott (Post 458011)
I thought they timed out at like 35,000 hours... hmmmm... weird....

You may be right. I don't really know how many hours they have on them exactly, but I know its a lot. At least 20K.

edit: i just looked through my trip sheets. The three planes I've flown have 18K, 23K, and 25K.

freightdog 09-08-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop (Post 457740)
I'd rather fly for Ameriflight. It's the only company other than my present employer, that's still in business.

I was class of 1988-89, when 34AK was just old:rolleyes:

jonnyjetprop,

34AK is still around. floating around the system up in BFI I believe. Last I checked it was pushing 55,000 hours!

Freightdog

jonnyjetprop 09-08-2008 05:24 PM

It probably still leaks in the rain. LOL

I remember flying at AMF and having pilots from the majors say on the radio "Hey, I flew that plane".

It's a small world.

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 458191)
jonnyjetprop,

34AK is still around. floating around the system up in BFI I believe. Last I checked it was pushing 55,000 hours!

Freightdog

freightdog 09-08-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop (Post 458240)
It probably still leaks in the rain. LOL

I remember flying at AMF and having pilots from the majors say on the radio "Hey, I flew that plane".

It's a small world.

I'm still having airline pilots tell me that. And of course Bob is still here. I get that question asked a lot too.