Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30992-cape-air.html)

Joepa84 01-24-2009 09:58 PM

I am about 150 short on tt for 135 mins. But, everything else (night, x-country ect.) is met. Only thing is I only have 20 hours of actual. I blame this on the fact, that I fly in Chicago, and the amount of flyable actual you get is fairly low due to icing. (which I have picked up my fair share of.) But, thanks for the comments on Guam. I'd be happy flying wherever they want me... IF I get a call.

pilotinsky 01-25-2009 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by NightIP (Post 543796)
I'd bid it in a heartbeat. Probably never hold it, but I'd bid it. :D

Catalina Island in Socal?

Is that going to be from LAX to AVX?

Seems a good route to fly; takes too long on the boat.:rolleyes:

muushin 01-25-2009 01:39 PM

Watch for the sink right before you touch down, and add a touch of power, you can feel the plane sink

TurboDVR42 01-25-2009 03:44 PM

I live in OC, so i would jump all over Calif flying.
At the meeting i heard it was going to be AVL-LGB. Maybe we are trying to get B6 to participate. Who knows....

daniel10 01-26-2009 07:08 AM

Did any one else get an E-mail from Cape this weekend asking to fill out the application...

"Dear Pilot Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in Cape Air!

We have received a copy of your resume, and are very interested in
learning more about your qualifications.

I have attached our pilot application for you to complete at your earliest
convenience. Feel free to email the completed application to me at...."

I guess it is a result of the MIA job fair. Does someone have an idea of a timeline of when they might interview or start a class?

BTW, OH NOV 5 too

par8head 01-26-2009 09:14 AM

Cape Air is conducting interviews...i have heard rumors of classes but know nothing of them

Spoilers 01-26-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by daniel10 (Post 545415)
Did any one else get an E-mail from Cape this weekend asking to fill out the application...

"Dear Pilot Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in Cape Air!

We have received a copy of your resume, and are very interested in
learning more about your qualifications.

I have attached our pilot application for you to complete at your earliest
convenience. Feel free to email the completed application to me at...."

I guess it is a result of the MIA job fair. Does someone have an idea of a timeline of when they might interview or start a class?

BTW, OH NOV 5 too

I think everyone got that e-mail. I guess you just have to sit back and wait. I pretty much have given up on them...:(

aviator4hire 01-26-2009 10:27 AM

I've filled out the application and sent it in today and hope there's interviewing and classes in the future. I got laid off from the flight school I work at on Friday and need to catch a break!

FlyingChipmunk 01-26-2009 02:25 PM

Clear as Mud!!!

The impression I got from trying to get a buddy on here, is that they are interviewing for a pool now and may or may not have classes planned for the coming months.

skatergeek 01-26-2009 07:31 PM

Does anybody know if Cape Air is in CASS? What are the schedules like? Are they commutable? Thanks.