Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 320 Left

Look in the quick take 135 section for Kalitta Charters
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Some Hotel

What are the hiring mins. for the 135 side?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: FA-20 CA

Generally 1500tt and 500 multi. Sorry to say it but I wouldn't count on a class anytime soon. Kalitta Charters has been laying off staff for the last couple of months. The pilots haven't been hit yet but I don't see any hiring taking place with almost zero attrition.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Any port in the storm

Thanks again to all the folks who helped answer my questions way back in 08 and early 09.

I've just been hired and offered an October 11th class date with KC.

Could anyone tell me about their recent experiences with the company in terms of pay, flight hours per month, and amount of nights in base?

I understand that I am on my way to Morristown. I would like to get a feel for how much I, a very green rookie, should expect to fly in my first year. I know we're in the midst of a recession and I would like to balance what HR told me with the actual experiences of crews in the last few months.

Has anyone based in Morristown found it very difficult to commute out of the larger airports nearby on your weeks off?

Thank you in advance for your insight and for taking the time to talk with me. I look forward to working with and learning from y'all soon.

-Sultan
Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Line Holder

Congrats! I would expect to fly anywhere from 20-70 hours a month. If they actually keep you in MOR I would expect to average about half of your days on, in base. Commuting would be via KTYS. There are a ton of variables on pay but it is almost always less than what they tell you during the interview, at least for the first year.

Originally Posted by TheSultanofScud View Post
Thanks again to all the folks who helped answer my questions way back in 08 and early 09.

I've just been hired and offered an October 11th class date with KC.

Could anyone tell me about their recent experiences with the company in terms of pay, flight hours per month, and amount of nights in base?

I understand that I am on my way to Morristown. I would like to get a feel for how much I, a very green rookie, should expect to fly in my first year. I know we're in the midst of a recession and I would like to balance what HR told me with the actual experiences of crews in the last few months.

Has anyone based in Morristown found it very difficult to commute out of the larger airports nearby on your weeks off?

Thank you in advance for your insight and for taking the time to talk with me. I look forward to working with and learning from y'all soon.

-Sultan
Old 10-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Any port in the storm

Originally Posted by FalconDrvr View Post
Congrats! I would expect to fly anywhere from 20-70 hours a month. If they actually keep you in MOR I would expect to average about half of your days on, in base. Commuting would be via KTYS. There are a ton of variables on pay but it is almost always less than what they tell you during the interview, at least for the first year.
Thanks for the reply Drvr. I appreciate the info. Sorry for the late reply; the current job is a reaalll killer in terms of hours and time.

I may PM you at some point if that is alright. It's always good to have helpful people on the roster.

Thanks again!

Any other new hires on the thread?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by TheSultanofScud View Post
Thanks for the reply Drvr. I appreciate the info. Sorry for the late reply; the current job is a reaalll killer in terms of hours and time.

I may PM you at some point if that is alright. It's always good to have helpful people on the roster.

Thanks again!

Any other new hires on the thread?
No problem, anytime.