Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

Crism 02-14-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by vtbvtdk (Post 947218)
Can you say OVERTIME?!!

Ka-ching :D (wish they had a money eyes smiley face...)

You got that right. For Captains they were offering something like $100 or $200 PER DAY incentive on top of the OT to work on a day off this past summer in the northeast. Guys were raking in the cash.

Heck I'm even bothering crew scheduling to work half of one of the soon-to-be-open FO lines out here. I'll make my "bank" as an FO....or whatever "bank" is at $9/hr.

SLpilot 02-14-2011 12:57 PM

Wouldn't say we were raking in the cash since they hosed us with 5 and 2s

clipperskipper 02-14-2011 03:24 PM

One would think that Cape Air would be spooling up C-402 Captains HYA for Summer flying.

Mitragorz 02-14-2011 04:40 PM

Yeah, it's tough to get that summer incentive when you don't have many days off.

Originally Posted by Spin (Post 947223)
Mitragorz,
Nice looking Goose you have there. Where is it?
I'd love to fly a plane like that.

It's a Widgeon. It's in Daytona, I rented it to get my Comm. Multi-engine Sea. A little pricey, but it was certainly fun.

vtbvtdk 02-20-2011 04:24 PM

Food for thought:

House bill threatens rural airports - The Boston Globe

Could be a pretty big problem, considering Cape Air currently has 17 EAS routes domestically

clipperskipper 02-20-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by vtbvtdk (Post 951266)
Food for thought:

House bill threatens rural airports - The Boston Globe

Could be a pretty big problem, considering Cape Air currently has 17 EAS routes domestically

This is one of the reasons that Dan Wolf became a politician, to try and lobby against this sort of legislation. This happened years ago in several central states crushing then EAS carrier GP Express.

This type of service is what keeps Era Alaska alive.

vtbvtdk 02-20-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by clipperskipper (Post 951288)
This is one of the reasons that Dan Wolf became a politician, to try and lobby against this sort of legislation. This happened years ago in several central states crushing then EAS carrier GP Express.

This type of service is what keeps Era Alaska alive.

Better hope Dan Wolf's political pull from his first year in office extends beyond the State Senate, because this is a nation bill...

Era Alaska would be fine under the current bill, which only cuts funding from for domestic EAS programs.

The long and the short of this is that if the EAS program goes away, Cape Air's domestic routes go back to all being within the state of Massachusetts.

clipperskipper 02-20-2011 05:39 PM

The PR operation is subsidized? Jeez they just ferried a 402 down Saturday. EAS would
never cease in AK, Palin lives there.

TurboDVR42 02-21-2011 12:05 AM

EAS are great money maker for 9k. However if we lose the eas routes we will just put more 402 in the carib.
It would be awesome to see 402 fly between florida and cuba....one can dream

clipperskipper 02-21-2011 08:03 AM

Re-read that article, there is a 10 seat stipulation.