Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by TheBills View Post
screw the caravan stay put in the 402. your not going to PW are you? New Mexico Air?
Or BIA?

I think Luv2Rotate got it right. I would stick with the 402 till you had 1000 multi if I were you and the hop to the caravan this would be if the pay, QOL, and job security were the same. However if you are not sure about the company you might be switching to and how they are doing financially I would stay with the 402 especially when jobs are hard to come by.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

For what its worth I am currently flying a van wishing I were in a 402...Even in this economy, caravan jobs aren't that hard to find...I'd keep building multi time if it were me.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: I only fly multi-winged airplanes.

Originally Posted by TheBills View Post
screw the caravan stay put in the 402. your not going to PW are you? New Mexico Air?
Not specifically, I have looked into it. I have just seen jobs advertised on various sites for C208's. I am currently on a salary of $30k and I fly about 40 hours a month. I live out of state and only see my family about once every six weeks. I am very happy with the company I am currently at, they treat me very well, so I am in no hurry to leave, but I was just wondering if single engine turbine time would make me a lot more marketable when the economy picks back up.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Reclined

Originally Posted by CaptainTeezy View Post
Not specifically, I have looked into it. I have just seen jobs advertised on various sites for C208's. I am currently on a salary of $30k and I fly about 40 hours a month. I live out of state and only see my family about once every six weeks. I am very happy with the company I am currently at, they treat me very well, so I am in no hurry to leave, but I was just wondering if single engine turbine time would make me a lot more marketable when the economy picks back up.
Others have hit the nail on the head...

get the 1,000 hours Multi-PIC

Then go chase turbine time...

Now, if a nice B200 job opens up in the meantime.... ah, well...
you get the idea...

Just saw an ad for a B350 FO position earlier today.... down in South Carolina I think it was.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Are you looking to go corporate or airline? I chose corporate. I had 0 turbine time, but around 3000TT and 1500 mutli, and was hired by a corporation. Within 2 weeks I was at school being typed in the Citation 7 and 9 months later the Citation 10. Corporate flying is based alot on perosnality, rather than total time.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: I only fly multi-winged airplanes.

Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Are you looking to go corporate or airline? I chose corporate. I had 0 turbine time, but around 3000TT and 1500 mutli, and was hired by a corporation. Within 2 weeks I was at school being typed in the Citation 7 and 9 months later the Citation 10. Corporate flying is based alot on perosnality, rather than total time.
I am far more interested in corporate/fractional flying.