Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Avenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

A lot of guys have gone on terminal leave on Friday and started class on Monday. I DO NOT think you can deploy while in terminal leave, but with training and predeployment activities, you will done with leave before you head east.

Originally Posted by E2CMaster View Post
It seems to be monthly-ish. I don't think this is one of those jobs you can do on terminal leave either, but I don't know for sure.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Gettin paid to fly

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE-350

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
A lot of guys have gone on terminal leave on Friday and started class on Monday. I DO NOT think you can deploy while in terminal leave, but with training and predeployment activities, you will done with leave before you head east.

That would be my plan in a perfect world....we know how that usually works out!
I have my resume in with L3 and will be applying to Avenge too.
Didn't Avenge just assume some of LMs contract flying too? I think with the drawdown there will be more flying not less as DOD assets flow out of theater. IMHO
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: King Air

Originally Posted by T45Heinous View Post
That would be my plan in a perfect world....we know how that usually works out!
I have my resume in with L3 and will be applying to Avenge too.
Didn't Avenge just assume some of LMs contract flying too? I think with the drawdown there will be more flying not less as DOD assets flow out of theater. IMHO
Ya, Avenge took over the LM work. Granted, it's only two of their planes, but it's their work now. The next 9 months will be hit or miss with getting a job over there with anyone. The current pilots that I know (L3, Avenge, and Dynamic) on average are looking for jobs elsewhere. You might hit the timing right and pick up a spot with them if one opens up. My guess is L3 is best positioned for work beyond 2014 but Dynamic seems to find a way to come up with work as well. I can't completely speak for Avenge in this regard.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

I'm currently eligible to take the early retirement from the military and I am considering Avenge/L3/Dynamic as an option. I know they all prefer multi-engine turbo prop time, but I only have about 1000 hours of PIC in single engine turbo-props. Does anybody know if they are hiring guys without ME turbo prop time? I have 3200 total/2700 PIC in the F-16,T-38, U-2, T-37,T-34 and T-6B; 400 hours combat OIF in the F-16 and 300 combat OEF in the U-2.
Would they likely hire a guy with my background? Will they hire you while still in the Military w/o a separation date? I have a hard time applying for early retirement without knowing I will have a job lined up when I get out.

Regarding QOL…the latest news I heard was that they are on a 2 month deployed, 1 month home schedule. I could handle a 2 and 2 schedule, but a 2 and 1 seems a little rough. Does anybody know exactly how the schedule works?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Shaggy.

There are companies that will hire tactical types. A lot of contracts require the ME TP time..it is a military requirement, not necessarily a company requirement. A lot of AF fighter guys did an MC-12 tour which turned out to be a very smart move on their part.

I do not know anyone (maybe Dynacorp) right now doing a 60/30 schedule. Most are doing 60/60.

Plus, keep in mind, things are winding down over there and there is a noticeable difference in the coalition population. I am not sure when you were there last but the place is trimming down. There are other places some of us might end up but as the war draws down, things will get tighter.

Some things to think about.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Shaggy,

Shoot a PM to E-2CMaster. He's got the gouge.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 AM
DAL New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: C-12, MC-12, RC-12

Shaggy,

This one looks like it would fit your U-2 & T-34 quals.

https://i3-openhire.silkroad.com/epo...obBoardId=1112
Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Thanks for the responses Jungle/Packrat/Flyarmy. I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out if this is an option for me. I have another month or so to decide to retire early or not. I've been deploying 2 on 2 off for the last year and it hasn't been too bad.

The thing I like most about this option is you don't have to move, which is one of the main reasons I'm considering getting out of the Military. You guys are awesome. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Gettin paid to fly

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE-350

You don't happen to fly U-2s with a prior Marine F/A-18D guy "Fonix" do ya?
Old 02-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Avenge is now paying the lowest in country.