Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   King Air time? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/52709-king-air-time.html)

quinny89 08-11-2010 10:00 AM

Sorry, bad day at work. Didn't mean to take it out on you.

elcidflyer04 08-11-2010 10:14 AM

I am not in NE Ohio. I fly a corporate Baron. I dont have much turbine time. My company bought the airplane about a year ago. We have already out grown the Baron. We are looking to upgrade to a C90B or a B200. If you find anything flying a Baron, Senneca, Navajo, ect. Think about it. A lot of corporate flight dept start with something small and grow from there. That may be something to consider. There is my constuctive comment.

quinny89 08-11-2010 10:17 AM

Appreciate it. Thanks.

minitour 08-11-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by FlyJSH (Post 853979)
The only way to legally log SIC time in a King Air is if it is flying passengers, under 135, WITHOUT a working, three axis autopilot.

That isn't entirely accurate. You have to be issued the Autopilot in lieu of SIC Op Spec (paragraph A-something) and the PIC will also have to be trained/checked (135.297 g.). I, like you, don't know anyone operating a King Air 135 without that op spec/checking/training but I'm sure they're out there.

My point is that the autopilot doesn't seal the deal. It's the Op Spec, training and checking that do. Even with the autopilot, if there's no Autopilot-in-lieu-of-SIC authorization, you need the SIC for 135 pax IFR ops (135.101).

-mini

TwinTurboPilot 08-11-2010 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by quinny89 (Post 854171)
Exact reason i hate posting questions on here anymore, smart-ss comments like this. I'm just asking for a little help from some local pilots, if you're not local, then you're not helping. :(

Cmon now you've got 850 hours and complaining about not flying a jet. :rolleyes:
I understand your trying to move up the ladder, everyone wants to, Yet you dont even have 135 mins yet. Keep instructing get your 1200 hours then look into some single pilot freight stuff. If a someone with a jet offers you something between now and then great, if not work on making yourself more marketable.

PW305 08-11-2010 04:08 PM

If a someone with a jet offers you something between now and then great, if not work on making yourself more marketable
Sounds like he's following your advice... building time while asking if anyone knows of any work out there. No eye-roll required

FlyJSH 08-11-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by PW305 (Post 854426)
Sounds like he's following your advice... building time while asking if anyone knows of any work out there. No eye-roll required

Seeing you are on a LR 60, what are your company's requirements for SIC? I'm just curious.

TwinTurboPilot 08-11-2010 08:18 PM

Citation XLS not LR60,not sure what the insurance wants. Owner wants 2500TT an ATP and of course a type rating. Now that I think about it a little more I think I may have heard 1500TT with a type was the least they would accept. I could be wrong though

minimwage4 08-12-2010 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by quinny89 (Post 853808)
Are there ANY King Air operators (or ANY turbojet aircraft operators) in the NE Ohio area that I could possibly get some right seat time in??

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

Nobody will even look at hiring you without time in type, but if you don't have access to a King Air or jet, how are you supposed to get time in type!! (without going to the regionals making $19k a year). Lovely catch 22 of this business!! :confused:

So PLEASE, anyone in this area, please respond!! :):)

I don't understand this post.. What King Air operator is going to hire you with 850 hours anyways?? Are you trying to say no operator will hire you without turbine time?

The only way that you can log King Air time on the passenger seat is if the PIC is a CFI. Even then, it's pretty worthless time, not only to you but to the recruiters. Now, it won't hurt when you hit pt135 mins and you are applying for a king air position. But I'm not sure if that's your intention with the above post.

2StgTurbine 08-12-2010 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by minimwage4 (Post 854613)
The only way that you can log King Air time on the passenger seat is if the PIC is a CFI. Even then, it's pretty worthless time, not only to you but to the recruiters.

So getting instruction in a King Air is worthless?:confused: