Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Orion Air group

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor
Default Orion Air group

I dont know if this is the right thread for this company, however I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about Orion Air group. I couldnt find anything on the search bar for it. Seems they are flying in Rwanda with a Caravan doing cargo and humanitarian missions. 1 yr committment with housing included. Wanted to know if anyone had worked with them before and what their experience was. Seems flying in Rwanda is probably not the most ideal location to fly with limited radar services and what not, but seemed like a type of bush plane operation to me. Any feedback?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Smuggler

Their website shows that they are hiring Global Express and Citation pilots.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Ha! If by "humanitarian" you mean surveillance and SOF support.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Going Mach Chicken

Originally Posted by surfnski View Post
Ha! If by "humanitarian" you mean surveillance and SOF support.
What he said^^^

BTW... how do the AF guys view DOD contractor pilot's doing these types of missions?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by WalkOfShame View Post
What he said^^^

BTW... how do the AF guys view DOD contractor pilot's doing these types of missions?
I'm indifferent, maybe a little jealous. They're doing the same job for 3 to 4 times the pay and 1/10000th the shoe clerk bull$hit.

I tried to join the contractor ranks, but since I'm a plain old herbivore heavy guy they just laughed in my face. I think AFSOC and fighter guys have a leg up.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I'm indifferent, maybe a little jealous. They're doing the same job for 3 to 4 times the pay and 1/10000th the shoe clerk bull$hit.

I tried to join the contractor ranks, but since I'm a plain old herbivore heavy guy they just laughed in my face. I think AFSOC and fighter guys have a leg up.
Ok, I wasn't sure. I'm a civilian, non-military, guy and I just got a pilot job with a DOD contractor similar to Orion Air, so it is possible. But I really have been wanting to go the other direction (into the Guard or Reserves) and didn't know if taking this job would be frowned upon. Thanks for the insight!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by WalkOfShame View Post
Ok, I wasn't sure. I'm a civilian, non-military, guy and I just got a pilot job with a DOD contractor similar to Orion Air, so it is possible. But I really have been wanting to go the other direction (into the Guard or Reserves) and didn't know if taking this job would be frowned upon. Thanks for the insight!
Nope. You should be good. They'll probably want you to a walk a resume in for them. Where'd you get hired?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Nope. You should be good. They'll probably want you to a walk a resume in for them. Where'd you get hired?
Cool thanks! I'd rather not say on a public forum as they are very strict with allowing such information on the internet. Check your PM though.