Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Logistics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Default Jet Logistics?

I ran a quick search for information and didn't find too much on APC.

Can anyone tell me about Jet Logistics? QOL, schedule, mx, overall opinions?

Thanks,

The Milkman
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by ShadyMilkman View Post
I ran a quick search for information and didn't find too much on APC.

Can anyone tell me about Jet Logistics? QOL, schedule, mx, overall opinions?

Thanks,

The Milkman
Anyone? I'm curious as well.... Are they all based in RDU or some in CLT?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

A family member of mine is a captain with them and he seems to think it's a decent outfit. He's on the air ambulance side of things. As I understand is they have several air ambulance airplanes that are based at satellite locations. In my family members case, they have three pilots operating one aircraft. They fly a 2 man crew so the odd man gets the week off. I'm not sure if this the common arrangement with duty times at the company or just at this one satellite.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks for the post. First I have heard anything about the place, but being an RDU guy and looking for something that keeps me home more I'm certainly interested. Seems like a who you know type of job though...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: CRJ7

I am also local to RDU, sent them several Resume's without any response. I am definitely interested in any info about them. Just got home from 8 weeks in Ethiopia so something closer to home would be welcome!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

I was a captain for them for a short while. They are a good company as far as 135 operators go. Airplanes are maintained, crews are good to fly with. A couple of downsides though, I typically did about 15 days on 7 off, and RARELY was it a full 7 days off. That being said, I have a friend who is still flying for them and last I talked to him they had drastically cut his flying back and pay to the point I don't even know how he lives. That was after the Barron crashed in GSO, maybe things have picked back up.I have to commend them on a few things, first they try to run the duty/rest like an airline as best they can(on the ambulance side we got released every night and had set rest, which was nice), also they had and I assume still do have on the Ambulance side, a go no go checklist. Basically it has a bunch of scenarios ie IFR, Mountains, Night, wet runways, ect....each is assigned a point value and you add them up, once you you reach a certain number then you have to review it with a chief pilot for safety. Pretty nice in the air ambulance world where there is a lot of pressure sometimes to go go go. And to be clear we did use that checklist and there were a few times where we did not go based on it.

Mark are you tired of SA already?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Mark your new job will probably have you at home a lot more than with JL.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks for the info. No, not tired of SA just yet! Haha, still in training! Nothing is ever certain in aviation though, so just covering my bases in the case of furloughs etc. I've also been curious about JL since I was based in RDU for about 3 three years and haven't really heard much. At SA I'm home based, so can't complain much there.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2012

I haven't really heard anything bad about this company. Everybody I've talked to seems to think they're a good place to work. I've also heard rumors that they're moving shop to CLT ...but we all know how rumors go.

BeachBum (or anybody else who has flown for them): How much flying did you guys usually do during your 15 on? Some companies out there only fly you about 300hrs/yr (which is awesome if you're salary!) and yet other companies fly you right up to the legal 135 limits.

I know that asking about pay is taboo to some people, but does anyone have ballpark numbers on what you make with them?
Old 07-21-2015, 11:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but Im just trying to get some recent information on Jet Logistics as far as pay, QOL, etc. I applied for a position in Scottsdale and received an email back today asking was I still interested in the position.