Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Air Cargo Carriers (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/64347-air-cargo-carriers.html)

ThefiestyGOAT 01-21-2020 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by MacrossJet (Post 2960877)
What're the schedules like? Can you commute to them? Is PHX pretty junior? Is it single pilot, or a crew?

Runs are Monday PM to Saturday AM. A few runs have a Saturday PM schedule.

Commuting this schedule would be nearly impossible.

Idk anything about PHX except that it is possibly seasonal only.

Aircraft are Shorts 360 so crew.

treymoore 01-21-2020 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by ThefiestyGOAT (Post 2960857)
There are two interviews. First is with HR. It's pretty casual. General questions and stuff about your application.

Chief pilot interview is more of the same. Then briefed an approach, asked questions about the approach, then several questions about alternate minimums.

What is the class date if you're hired?

Thanks for the insight! It is a February 4th class date.

treymoore 01-21-2020 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacrossJet (Post 2960885)
What're your times?

About 1,215 TT with 135 experience

FlyinFresh 05-18-2020 01:55 PM

Will air cargo be hiring in the next few months in the myr base? FO or capt? 3000TT

I live there. Just looking for something close by my home so I can spend some more time with the kids. What’s the quality of life and schedule like?

Praps32 05-19-2020 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by FlyinFresh (Post 3059113)
Will air cargo be hiring in the next few months in the myr base? FO or capt? 3000TT

I live there. Just looking for something close by my home so I can spend some more time with the kids. What’s the quality of life and schedule like?

It would take years to get MYR. Super senior. They just furloughed a good number of FO's and Captains so I wouldn't expect classes anytime soon.

FlyJay 05-19-2020 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Praps32 (Post 3059741)
It would take years to get MYR. Super senior. They just furloughed a good number of FO's and Captains so I wouldn't expect classes anytime soon.

any details on the furloughs? how many/from where? Surprised to see ACC furloughing, I would've expected them to be stable with feeder freight.

ThefiestyGOAT 10-17-2020 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by FlyJay (Post 3059754)
any details on the furloughs? how many/from where? Surprised to see ACC furloughing, I would've expected them to be stable with feeder freight.

total furloughs were low. All of the furloughed were having trouble Adapting to the aircraft. Everything is stable. There was an FO class last month and another this month. Lots of guys with the time to upgrade now. No street captains for the foreseeable future, unless they want a mutiny...