Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
800TT if you don't have an internal rec. They want guys who on the one hand aren't greenhorns, but the other hand, won't jump ship to the regionals right away. Customer service and attitude are really big here.

No hiring classes that I know of until early next year when we begin expanding again. Kinda Fat on FO's right now but there is a slow , expected attrition so possibly?

Yup, 800 TT. I have an internal rec luckily and was told I should be able to get in much sooner than that. Sounds like a great company and I've heard nothing but great things. Only downside is it would require a big move for me but that's how it goes in this industry.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

If you are interested in NorCal, i bet they bring you on sooner. A lot of the new hires are being assigned NorCal but most of them want SoCal. So if you have interest in coming to SA and want to actually live in NorCal, that'd be a big selling point for you to the company.

The other thing to consider is that we just got our last new plane of the year and won't get another new plane till January, so because of that gap in deliveries from Pilatus, hiring has also slowed down. I'd bet as the new year approaches that hiring will start to pick back up again.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Left Seat

Are you guys still flying the Legacy PC12s or have they all been replaced by the NGs by now?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:20 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Still flying the Legacies until February. Next two aircraft orders are to replace the old and worn out -45s.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Current Surf Air pilots, do you know when the next class(es) for CAs and/or FOs will occur? There was a big ad placement yesterday at bizjetjobs.com for all bases and positions and the "Pilot" position was (re)posted at their website about 3 days ago. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ClarenceOveur View Post
Ahem,

Anyways...

Does anyone know what they're currently hiring FO's at, time wise? I sent in my resume/CL last week. I'm at 520tt and Commercial asel/ instrument and currently working on my multi comm.

Also, when's their next training class?
Ahem, adorable....8750tt with sel/mel-ATP. Not interested in the regionals. Haven't heard back. Patience..
Old 11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
Ahem, adorable....8750tt with sel/mel-ATP. Not interested in the regionals. Haven't heard back. Patience..
It pays to network and meet people that work for the company. Isn't hard these days with social media.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
It pays to network and meet people that work for the company. Isn't hard these days with social media.
Couldn't agree more..
Old 11-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Next class is January from last I heard. Plan is for FO only and finally start upgrading in house guys. Internal recs are highly desirable.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

There's definitely a class in January, that's when the next FO is upgrading at least. Also I heard there might be a small class in December but I don't really believe it. The plan is to be double the size we are now by this time next year, so we will be hiring like crazy at some point.