Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ravn AK crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Furloughed

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
could have just as easily happened in Orlando, FL as it could have in Bethel, AK.

When you make comments like this. I know for a fact your full of it. You havn't flown for 5 minutes in Alaska if you believe this is true. God i love the ignore function.
Oh yes the CAVU conditions and the extremely flat boring tundra rose up to smite them on their training flight. Alaska has a culture problem not an extreme weather or terrain problem.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Originally Posted by flyguy37 View Post
Oh yes the CAVU conditions and the extremely flat boring tundra rose up to smite them on their training flight. Alaska has a culture problem not an extreme weather or terrain problem.
My point the whole time has been that attitudes and culture are two different things. The culture of Alaska is fine. Some of the attitudes it attracts are what cause the unnecessary fatalities.

I stand by my statement that a crash in CAVU conditions over relatively flat terrain is just as likely in AK as it is anywhere.

Clarence is a prime example of that single minded and unyielding attitude. Glad he took his ball and went home.