Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   WheesUp/Gama (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/96589-wheesup-gama.html)

That Guy 74 02-18-2017 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by OleNavy (Post 2304143)
Operational concern... not huge but worthy of reply.
...the good news is the new Northeastern Pilot Supervisor is engaging on Yammer. He has been immediately responsive to a few issues in just the last 48 hours. This is just beginning to unfold for the better.

B.W. -

Perhaps you didn't catch the part of my email where I apologized and stated I had NOT yet taken over the reigns, but B.K. would still be your primary point of contact until such time as you heard otherwise?

Or the part where I said even with that being the case, I am always willing to lend an ear and a helping hand if I can?

I find it quite ironic that your accounting of your initial contact with me - in an online forum such as this one, of all places - is quite different from the reply you actually received, and that being a retired military officer you would handle it this way considering I took vacation to serve our country AND still responded to you.

If this is your version of 'helping,' you're not.

There's always three sides to the story I guess.

OleNavy 02-19-2017 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by That Guy 74 (Post 2304588)
B.W. -

Perhaps you didn't catch the part of my email where I apologized and stated I had NOT yet taken over the reigns, but B.K. would still be your primary point of contact until such time as you heard otherwise?

Or the part where I said even with that being the case, I am always willing to lend an ear and a helping hand if I can?

I find it quite ironic that your accounting of your initial contact with me - in an online forum such as this one, of all places - is quite different from the reply you actually received, and that being a retired military officer you would handle it this way considering I took vacation to serve our country AND still responded to you.

If this is your version of 'helping,' you're not.

There's always three sides to the story I guess.

Oh my... very sensitive.. C.A. Please learn from your NE counterpart's leadership. OBTW... you're not a fighter pilot if you fly A-10's (per your linked in page). You're an attack guy.

Now if we can get back to grown up business... This is a valuable forum and Line pilot to Management comms are very important... which is the information that folks reading this tune in. You have a good day.

Cyborgmudhen 02-20-2017 06:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Krusty 02-22-2017 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by OleNavy (Post 2304715)
Oh my... very sensitive.. C.A. Please learn from your NE counterpart's leadership. OBTW... you're not a fighter pilot if you fly A-10's (per your linked in page). You're an attack guy.

Now if we can get back to grown up business... This is a valuable forum and Line pilot to Management comms are very important... which is the information that folks reading this tune in. You have a good day.

Getting into the semantics of F vs. A and the role of the A-10 is truly an internet forum gem in how it relates to your original argument on King Air fleet intra-company communication. Internet tough-guy GOLD my friend !!!

OleNavy 02-27-2017 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Krusty (Post 2307069)
Getting into the semantics of F vs. A and the role of the A-10 is truly an internet forum gem in how it relates to your original argument on King Air fleet intra-company communication. Internet tough-guy GOLD my friend !!!

after further review I must agree with you Krusty... that was a dumb comment in the context of the conversation.... better next time.

blulavboy 03-17-2017 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by OleNavy (Post 2304143)
Operational concern... not huge but worthy of reply.
...the good news is the new Northeastern Pilot Supervisor is engaging on Yammer. He has been immediately responsive to a few issues in just the last 48 hours. This is just beginning to unfold for the better.

Is "Yammer" an app that many Gama folks are on? Sorry to sound like a dope, just curious...Never heard of it until now...Thanks!

M696 03-17-2017 10:51 PM

Yammer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yammer, Inc.
Yammer logo.png
Type of business Subsidiary
Type of site
Enterprise collaboration
Founded September 2008
Headquarters San Francisco, CA, US
Founder(s) David O. Sacks
Adam Pisoni[1]
Parent Microsoft
Website Yammer.com
Yammer is a freemium enterprise social networking service used for private communication within organizations. Access to a Yammer network is determined by a user's Internet domain so that only individuals with approved email addresses may join their respective networks.[2]

The service began as an internal communication system for the genealogy website Geni.com,[3] and was launched as an independent product in 2008.[4] Microsoft later acquired Yammer in 2012 for US$1.2 billion.[5]

HwkrPlt 03-18-2017 03:58 AM

Making $80k a year as a captain on a turboprop with a 8/6 schedule is way better than a lot of other jobs out there. I used to be on a 12/6 schedule making $72k a year as a Hawker captain flying airplanes that were older than the Wright Flyer with really crappy maintenance and operating at the fringes of the FAR's. Same applies for making $80k/year as an Excel FO or $110k/year as an Excel captain. No job is perfect, but some are better than others.

The real question should be is how long will Wheels Up be around operating under its current form. Kenny D has a habit of starting companies, building them up, and then selling them off. Who would buy WU? And how would the pilot group be affected? Mergers/buyouts never work out well for employees. There is a hot rumor that Berkshire Hathaway is looking at WU. Would WU and Netjets be independent operations, or would they be blended in together? Would they keep the King Air's? Would the WU/Gama pilots be blended in to the NetJets pilot fold, or would they stay with Gama (which would most likely mean layoffs, what is Gama going to do with 200 pilots all of a sudden?). I guess only time can tell. I will say that the pilot job market is like its never been before, so there are lots of options out there.

mrski 03-18-2017 11:45 AM

Wow! Would that ever be good news if in fact Berkshire Hathaway took over. I would love to see that with the hopes that they would drop any association with Gama and all administration would be done in house. What a great operation that could be.

Starbucks 03-19-2017 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mrski (Post 2323540)
Wow! Would that ever be good news if in fact Berkshire Hathaway took over. I would love to see that with the hopes that they would drop any association with Gama and all administration would be done in house. What a great operation that could be.

What is your deal? Have you tried to get on here and couldn't for some reason?