Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Paragon Jets

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Long time viewer, first time poster. I decided to take the time to warn my fellow pilots about Paragon Jets. The top management is morally flawed. The charter department is led by a felon (fraud), and therefore is legally unable to have anything to do with flight operations, yet he still calls plenty of shots. I'm talking about bribing pilots to break duty requirements etc. He siphons money out of this "start-up" company for his own personal gain, so it will never be successful.
Their CL601s will break all the time, and you will be forced to sit around at the FBO dealing with bs to get them fixed.
When you are flying trips, you will sit around for hours at the FBO waiting for trips that may or may not happen. They will send you to a crappy hotel, then after a few hours the trip will be back on again, so you will have to go back to the airport.
There is no organization to anything they do. It is beyond the normal on-demand 135 bs.
There is no schedule, because people leave constantly. Plus they could care less about your life.
The pay and medical insurance is decent, yet it is still a revolving door, that speaks volumes right there.

The current chief pilot who has been there a while, is the worst.
Never trust a fat, bald guy with a goatee! Lol. All the flight attendants hate being around him bc he's such a douche with an ego complex. He helps out the pilots that kiss his ass, but that is all. He's a crook as well so he fits in perfectly at that place.

I honestly can't believe they are still in business. The financiers' pockets are deep, but he is probably being lied to as well.
Stay far away, and hopefully they will just go away.
The only pilots that have stayed are ones that can not get on anywhere else for various reasons.

They have had multiple lawsuits and labor disputes from previous employees.
Anyone Defending the company will always blame the former pilots. One or two bad apples would be believable, but this place has over 30 pilots who I guarantee would have nothing but bad things to say. That's a big number for a company with 5 planes that has only been in business a few years.

I hope this information benefits those of you asking questions. I wish there would have been more info for me before I wasted much time and patience.
By reading this post you would never guess that I am actually quite the cheerful lad. My apologies for the all the negativity, but it is warranted.

Cheers
Old 06-23-2017, 12:21 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017

There are some very serious accusations in the above comment. Do you have factual information regarding your statement that either the DO or COO is a felon and embezzling money and that they threaten employees to knowingly break FARs?
Old 06-23-2017, 03:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

What kind of evidence are you looking for? You want him to scan verdicts? Upload youtube videos of reg-pushing?
Old 04-27-2018, 05:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Smile Anything new?

So it's been about a year since the thread was alive- any updates with the working conditions are Paragon? How are the planes, dispatch staff, higher ups?

Thanks

I'm used to seedy 135 companies but trying not to work for one
Old 05-02-2018, 07:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Somethings have changed unfortunately not for thr better. Same Chief Pilot, quoting earlier posting "Never trust a fat, bald guy with a goatee! Lol. All the flight attendants hate being around him bc he's such a douche with an ego complex. He helps out the pilots that kiss his ass, but that is all. He's a crook as well so he fits in perfectly at that place."
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Update - Paragon Jets under FAA investigation for multiple violations. Couple pilots have resigned, more looking to leave.
Buyer beware.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:19 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Very incompetent Chief pilot stepped down due to pressure from FAA,etc. Paragon will still suffer as long as he is employed there. Two quit last week, several more are imminent. Stay away-violations are on the horizon!
Old 06-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by CaLaw View Post
Very incompetent Chief pilot stepped down due to pressure from FAA,etc. Paragon will still suffer as long as he is employed there. Two quit last week, several more are imminent. Stay away-violations are on the horizon!
What kind of violations? Is CK still the Director of Aviation?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018

There is a lot of misinformation on here. The current Chief Pilot at Paragon is a great guy. All the negativity has got to be confused for the old DO. That guy was dishonorably discharged from Paragon (with plenty of cause) he was hated by the whole company and just an overall incompetent prick. A little big man who thought he could puff his chest out. Anyway, enough about that inconsequential little puke. The company was recently audited by the FAA and came out with a few adjustments to paperwork and some additional clean-up overall not too bad at all, I'm sure to the complete dissatisfaction of a recently fired nobody. The company has come leaps and bounds and has become a good place to be. The company has a good group of guys and girls now with a nice set schedule, home basing and a new pay-scale. Reach out to a current Paragon employee for factual info.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Julien Pasta View Post
There is a lot of misinformation on here....... The company has a good group of guys and girls now with a nice set schedule, home basing and a new pay-scale. Reach out to a current Paragon employee for factual info.

So what is the new "set Schedule", "new pay scale for F/O and Capt?
Also medical? for the entire family?

401K? how much?
vacation?