Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

Lear333 04-11-2017 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by RBZL (Post 2339635)
Well, you aren't quite there yet for Skywest, etc... Great Lakes is a sinking ship, if you've done any research into them you should have seen as much. Boutique takes their sweet time to get back to you, but if you haven't heard anything back from anybody, I'm guessing there's another reason you're having trouble.

I'd stay away from EAS. Long duty days and no per diem. Broken airplanes. Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N993T 04-11-2017 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lear333 (Post 2340762)
I'd stay away from EAS. Long duty days and no per diem. Broken airplanes. Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love posts like this. It's all in the eye of the beholder...

To be sure, the statements about long duty days and no per diem are (mostly) true. So what? Most people come to a place like Boutique to build time. I've logged nearly 600 hours in 8 months. I'm not going to complain about that. As far as the per diem, it would be nice but we're never away from home for more than 24 hours. At Boutique, per diem starts at 24 hours.

As far as broken airplanes, we've had some maintainence issues but I've never been asked to fly an aircraft that I didn't think was safe. In my opinion these issues would easily be solved by the acquisition of a few more aircraft. That is allegedly the plan.

Boutique Air has been a fun, rewarding, and exciting experience for me. It's not perfect, but I don't intend to leave anytime soon. Others might not agree, but again, eye of the beholder.

Stay away from EAS if you must....

Lear333 04-11-2017 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by N993T (Post 2340877)
I love posts like this. It's all in the eye of the beholder...

To be sure, the statements about long duty days and no per diem are (mostly) true. So what? Most people come to a place like Boutique to build time. I've logged nearly 600 hours in 8 months. I'm not going to complain about that. As far as the per diem, it would be nice but we're never away from home for more than 24 hours. At Boutique, per diem starts at 24 hours.

As far as broken airplanes, we've had some maintainence issues but I've never been asked to fly an aircraft that I didn't think was safe. In my opinion these issues would easily be solved by the acquisition of a few more aircraft. That is allegedly the plan.

Boutique Air has been a fun, rewarding, and exciting experience for me. It's not perfect, but I don't intend to leave anytime soon. Others might not agree, but again, eye of the beholder.

Stay away from EAS if you must....

When you haven't yet flown at a real 135 or a regional, its easy to look past what they lack. The first night you spend in a hotel instead of a crew house will show you that.

Javichu 04-11-2017 02:26 PM

so I finally got an email saying I passed both interviews and that they want me to be part of Boutique, although no training slots are available right now, but will contact me as soon as they have any.

did any of you got this email and then got a training slot? or any of your friends/co-workers....

aa010175 04-11-2017 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lear333 (Post 2341013)
When you haven't yet flown at a real 135 or a regional, its easy to look past what they lack. The first night you spend in a hotel instead of a crew house will show you that.

The grass is greener on the other side! Or so they say. He's happy with his job and likes BA. That's cool. Your happy with your Lear job I guess. I am happy flying the 737 for 787 pay at AA. Let him be happy in his place of life today.

PT6 Flyer 04-11-2017 03:02 PM

Hey Javichu, it sounds like you got the job. (Well, kinda sorta.) Congratulations!

Javichu 04-11-2017 03:03 PM

I hope so man, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheGuythatFlies 04-11-2017 05:32 PM

Congrats man. I received the same news the other day. However, I'm leaning toward another offer with a class date already provided.

Javichu 04-11-2017 05:34 PM

Thanks and congrats on that other class date!. Hopefully I'll get a class date on BTQ but who knows... :)

BravoPapa 04-11-2017 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2341212)
Thanks and congrats on that other class date!. Hopefully I'll get a class date on BTQ but who knows... :)

Congrats! See? I told you it would work out. :D