Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

kaputt 12-09-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by DouglasBo (Post 2930267)
Advanced Air is hiring direct entry PC-12 PICs, competitive pay and schedule. If anyone is interested message me for details.

Is Advanced still looking for SICs as well?

scubadiver 12-17-2019 06:43 PM

Does Boutique have all legacy PC-12's or are there some NG?

Joebob21 12-17-2019 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by scubadiver (Post 2940903)
Does Boutique have all legacy PC-12's or are there some NG?

All legacy 45/47 series, typically equipped with Garmin 430/530/650/750. EADI/EHSI in all of them.

scubadiver 12-18-2019 06:35 PM

I am in a position where I have received offers from Boutique (as a PIC), Tradewind (FO initially and upgrade within a few months), and ExpressJet (FO). Each has their pro's and con's and I am really struggling with which to go with. I don't currently live at ANY base for any of them. I would either be commuting (that's the plan initially) or perhaps even moving but I really don't want to move. Any comments or suggestions and words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Joebob21 12-19-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by scubadiver (Post 2941480)
I am in a position where I have received offers from Boutique (as a PIC), Tradewind (FO initially and upgrade within a few months), and ExpressJet (FO). Each has their pro's and con's and I am really struggling with which to go with. I don't currently live at ANY base for any of them. I would either be commuting (that's the plan initially) or perhaps even moving but I really don't want to move. Any comments or suggestions and words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Where do you live? I would speak with the companies and see what bases are available. Tradewind has the Bahamas BUT, you’ll probably get stuck in the northeast. Consider the type of weather you’ll encounter. Boutique has CASS and KCM, and depending on where you live and how far to drive to a major airport makes a difference. How many flights per day(chances)would they have for you to make it to work on time? Just narrow down what’s important to you, and take advice as a recommendation, but only you can make the decision

Av8tr1 12-19-2019 12:19 PM

Is BTQ having pay issues? I just spoke with a friend who works there and this person said twice in the past month or two they had paychecks delayed?

An email was supposedly sent out saying something like ADP wouldn't process payments so they were looking at using Venmo but couldn't because of a 2K limit per day??? Paychecks ended up being 5 days late?

Any true to this?

VOLLU 12-19-2019 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 (Post 2941859)
Is BTQ having pay issues? I just spoke with a friend who works there and this person said twice in the past month or two they had paychecks delayed?

Any true to this?

I heard the same from a current pilot. It also happened twice this year while I was with the company. That makes FOUR times this year that Boutique missed payroll.

colonials13 12-19-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 (Post 2941859)

An email was supposedly sent out saying something like ADP wouldn't process payments so they were looking at using Venmo but couldn't because of a 2K limit per day??? Paychecks ended up being 5 days late?

Any true to this?

Some people's pay was a day or two late, others were five days late. But, yes true.

scubadiver 12-20-2019 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Joebob21 (Post 2941809)
Where do you live? I would speak with the companies and see what bases are available. Tradewind has the Bahamas BUT, you’ll probably get stuck in the northeast. Consider the type of weather you’ll encounter. Boutique has CASS and KCM, and depending on where you live and how far to drive to a major airport makes a difference. How many flights per day(chances)would they have for you to make it to work on time? Just narrow down what’s important to you, and take advice as a recommendation, but only you can make the decision

I live in Southern Virginia... The land of no local commercial flying jobs. I could commute out of Raleigh, NC or Greensboro, NC.

I was also just scheduled for an interview with Planesense so that is another potential. It may be the better option because they have reporting bases all over the place, unfortunately I am just outside the range of 2 of them. I have heard they could create a reporting base though. I only do take advice as a recommendation. I value the feedback from those with first hand experience at any of them.

Joebob21 12-20-2019 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by scubadiver (Post 2942556)
I live in Southern Virginia... The land of no local commercial flying jobs. I could commute out of Raleigh, NC or Greensboro, NC.

I was also just scheduled for an interview with Planesense so that is another potential. It may be the better option because they have reporting bases all over the place, unfortunately I am just outside the range of 2 of them. I have heard they could create a reporting base though. I only do take advice as a recommendation. I value the feedback from those with first hand experience at any of them.

I completely understand your desire to stay put, it is also the main reason I made my choices the way I have thus far. I’ve heard good things about Planesense. Just consider long term goals also and the realistic possibilities for bases. Maybe take some time to explore major hubs and cities you think you’d like to live long term, otherwise your options may be limited. You can have a good life with a nearby corporate operation.