Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 3
Default Puerto Rico - Flight Instruction

I'll be moving to Puerto Rico in October with my wife. She's from Puerto Rico and this is going to be a permanent move. I'm hoping some of you guys could give advice on the flight schools in the San Juan area. Avg Pay, possible hours per month, what schools are hiring. I'm open to anything, just trying to get flight time as fast as possible. Thanks in advance!

Some info on me:
CFI Checkride 8/28
400 hrs TT
50 MEL
Goal is to get ATP minimums for the airlines
KJENY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
Convair5800's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 169
Default

All are located at the Isla Grande airport, SIG. Not sure which ones are hiring, but I'm pretty sure they all are. You can also go work as an SD3 SIC at either M&N Aviation or Air Cargo Carriers if you don't want to instruct. Both are at SJU.
Convair5800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convair5800 View Post
All are located at the Isla Grande airport, SIG. Not sure which ones are hiring, but I'm pretty sure they all are. You can also go work as an SD3 SIC at either M&N Aviation or Air Cargo Carriers if you don't want to instruct. Both are at SJU.
Thanks! That's good to know, I'm having a hard time finding information online. I'm really interested in the SIC roles as well, but they don't seem to advertise. I'll be there in September to hand out resumes, hopefully that works
KJENY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Javichu's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 780
Default

If you live here then it'll be a matter of time to get hired honestly. I got my job here at 514h flying islanders. You gotta knock some doors once you move here and hit those 500h


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Javichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
 
155mm's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
If you live here then it'll be a matter of time to get hired honestly. I got my job here at 514h flying islanders. You gotta knock some doors once you move here and hit those 500h


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I never saw a door to knock on, only Rejas.
155mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
 
Javichu's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 780
Default

Hahha good one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Javichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJENY View Post
I'll be moving to Puerto Rico in October with my wife. She's from Puerto Rico and this is going to be a permanent move. I'm hoping some of you guys could give advice on the flight schools in the San Juan area. Avg Pay, possible hours per month, what schools are hiring. I'm open to anything, just trying to get flight time as fast as possible. Thanks in advance!

Some info on me:
CFI Checkride 8/28
400 hrs TT
50 MEL
Goal is to get ATP minimums for the airlines


you can try air flamenco and vieques airlink as well. Bfr 135 operationa 500 hours tt to fly the islanders.
Caribbeanpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply

Tags
cfi job
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need clarification on 30 hours in 7 day rule Boogie Nights Major 23 05-15-2012 06:55 AM
Rest rules delayed to Nov/22/2011 glyde Major 120 11-11-2011 03:31 PM
Colgan Sunshine Hearing Airsupport Regional 84 02-06-2010 10:38 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:28 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.