Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2020, 06:03 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Flying Taco's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: ON GUARD
Posts: 19
Default Southwest just pulled the plug in the pool...

Well boys and girls, looks like this it! The poolies at Southwest just got there CJO's cancelled. It appears all of us waiting for new hire class dates are next. Can't say I didn't see this coming but gee whizz man! If we still have our CJO's after this fiasco I'm probably going to the casinos in Vegas. Hope y'all got stable jobs right now.
Flying Taco is offline  
Old 05-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BobbyLeeSwagger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Taco View Post
Well boys and girls, looks like this it! The poolies at Southwest just got there CJO's cancelled. It appears all of us waiting for new hire class dates are next. Can't say I didn't see this coming but gee whizz man! If we still have our CJO's after this fiasco I'm probably going to the casinos in Vegas. Hope y'all got stable jobs right now.

That REALLY sucks! I don't get it, you all successfully interviewed.. What's the harm in leaving the pool where it is? Sorry to hear man
BobbyLeeSwagger is offline  
Old 05-11-2020, 07:43 PM   #3  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 25,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
That REALLY sucks! I don't get it, you all successfully interviewed.. What's the harm in leaving the pool where it is? Sorry to hear man
Typical to flush the pool in an extended downturn. There are exceptions, I was surprised to learn that some pre 9/11 NWA poolies retained their status (with DL) for many years.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 05-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BobbyLeeSwagger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Typical to flush the pool in an extended downturn. There are exceptions, I was surprised to learn that some pre 9/11 NWA poolies retained their status (with DL) for many years.
Man, I guess. I can't imagine getting that dream job CJO and then having to start over later
BobbyLeeSwagger is offline  
Old 05-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #5  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 25,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Man, I guess. I can't imagine getting that dream job CJO and then having to start over later
Yup. Suck.

I new guys who had a date after in late Sep or Oct 2001, same.

The guys who classed up on Sep 10 got furloughed (at least once), but are CA's now.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 05-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TimetoClimb's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
That REALLY sucks! I don't get it, you all successfully interviewed.. What's the harm in leaving the pool where it is? Sorry to hear man
Right? You were, presumably, the most qualfied before hell froze over; and it's not like anyone else in this market is going to get more competitive, relatively speaking.
TimetoClimb is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 04:39 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
dead meat's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
That REALLY sucks! I don't get it, you all successfully interviewed.. What's the harm in leaving the pool where it is? Sorry to hear man
Something tells me he/she isn't in the Southwest pool.

To go from this in October:
"Currently a CFI and have about 500 more hours before I reach ATP mins."

...to this in March:
"I am or I guess was a new hire in one of the upcoming classes. I did not find out about the hiring freeze from Envoy, but from you guys/gals on APC and my friends in this airline. I wish they would come out with an email or phone call telling us what the heck is going on for all of us. So far, us new hires are still left in the dark and it has been nothing but crickets."

...to being flushed out of the Southwest pool in May would be interesting to say the least.
dead meat is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 04:52 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cyio's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
Something tells me he/she isn't in the Southwest pool.

To go from this in October:
"Currently a CFI and have about 500 more hours before I reach ATP mins."

...to this in March:
"I am or I guess was a new hire in one of the upcoming classes. I did not find out about the hiring freeze from Envoy, but from you guys/gals on APC and my friends in this airline. I wish they would come out with an email or phone call telling us what the heck is going on for all of us. So far, us new hires are still left in the dark and it has been nothing but crickets."

...to being flushed out of the Southwest pool in May would be interesting to say the least.
Amazing career progression
Cyio is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 05:35 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
itsmytime's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Amazing career progression
LOL! This is like they guy that was 17, and his parents didn’t want him to be a pilot, to a 10yr captain at a major in one year.
itsmytime is online now  
Old 05-12-2020, 05:39 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
itsmytime's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
...to being flushed out of the Southwest pool in May would be interesting to say the least.
i had wondered why the OP posted this in the regionals section. But if trolling, it makes much more sense.
itsmytime is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWA-AirTran recieive SOC. CRJAV8OR Major 0 03-08-2012 09:07 AM
Midwest is to be owned by RAH. G-Dog Regional 236 06-27-2009 02:19 PM
Southwest delays code-share Rabid Seagull Major 1 05-26-2009 03:18 PM
Southwest to buy ATA assets, get New York LaGuardia slots HuronIP Major 57 11-20-2008 09:18 AM
Southwest Airlines Profit Nearly Triples captain_drew Major 0 04-14-2005 02:52 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:39 PM.