Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
TwotterDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: E120 CA
Posts: 26
Default skywest class dates?

I have an interview with Skywest next week.
I'm trying to get my current job schedule (CFII)
in line with the transition if I get the job.

Does anyone (current pilots) know the class dates for skywest right now?

Also, Which are the junior/senior EMB120 bases? how senior is MRY?
I'd like to stay near the SF bay area/in california if possible.

Thanks for everything.

-TwotterDriver
TwotterDriver is offline  
Old 07-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  
APC co-founder
 
Freight Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: 747-400 captain
Posts: 1,381
Default Skywest new-hire class dates

Skywest new-hires are going to a mix of domiciles. A very recent RJ class went to DEN, ORD, SLC, TUC, FAT, and COS.

Fresno Brasilia FO position goes the most junior. Junior Brasilia captains are in Fresno, Palm Springs, and LAX. Junior CRJ captains are in DEN and ORD.

Most senior domiciles vary, but the least movement is in SAN, PDX, Sacramento, Monterey, and Santa Barbara.

Here are the upcoming new-hire classes at Skywest:

July 28: 20 CRJ new-hires
Aug 1: 20 EMB
Aug 18: 10 RJ
Sept 5: 10 EMB
Sept 8: 20 RJ
Sept 29: 20 RJ
Oct 3: 30 EMB
Oct 20: 20 RJ
Oct 31: 20 EMB
Nov 10: 20 RJ
Nov 28: 16 EMB
Dec 1: 20 RJ
Freight Dog is offline  
Old 07-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #3  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
TwotterDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: E120 CA
Posts: 26
Default skywest class dates

thanks very much for the info. Exactly what I was looking for.

now where was I? beta reverse valve vs. beta backup valve hmmm....
TwotterDriver is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #4  
On Reserve
 
GFKFLYER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 21
Default

How do they decide who gets the CRJ or the EMB? Is it the luck of the draw or do they also look at previous training? I'm currently at UND and I've taken CRJ ground school and a simulator course so I have "experience" in the CRJ and would prefer to get that. Thanks.
GFKFLYER is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
weasil's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Captain
Posts: 177
Default

Those coming from other 121 airlines usually get the CRJ. Guys like yourself usually get the brasilia, unless they are trying to fill a class then you might get the CRJ. They are big on you accepting whichever you are offered and not asking for something particular. They will tell you this in the interview. Good Luck
weasil is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #6  
Time to make the donuts!
 
EngineOut's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight Dog View Post
Skywest new-hires are going to a mix of domiciles. A very recent RJ class went to DEN, ORD, SLC, TUC, FAT, and COS.

Fresno Brasilia FO position goes the most junior. Junior Brasilia captains are in Fresno, Palm Springs, and LAX. Junior CRJ captains are in DEN and ORD.

Most senior domiciles vary, but the least movement is in SAN, PDX, Sacramento, Monterey, and Santa Barbara.

Here are the upcoming new-hire classes at Skywest:

July 28: 20 CRJ new-hires
Aug 1: 20 EMB
Aug 18: 10 RJ
Sept 5: 10 EMB
Sept 8: 20 RJ
Sept 29: 20 RJ
Oct 3: 30 EMB
Oct 20: 20 RJ
Oct 31: 20 EMB
Nov 10: 20 RJ
Nov 28: 16 EMB
Dec 1: 20 RJ
I would say all CRJ new hires are going to MKE and ORD right now. Haven't had a new hire get awarded DEN in several months.

Jr CRJ CA is ORD and MKE also. There is quite a wait for DEN CA at this time.
EngineOut is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WAVIT Inbound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Captain
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineOut View Post
I would say all CRJ new hires are going to MKE and ORD right now. Haven't had a new hire get awarded DEN in several months.

Jr CRJ CA is ORD and MKE also. There is quite a wait for DEN CA at this time.
That post you are quoting was made back in 2005. You are correct ORD and MKE are junior at this time.
WAVIT Inbound is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  
Time to make the donuts!
 
EngineOut's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAVIT Inbound View Post
That post you are quoting was made back in 2005. You are correct ORD and MKE are junior at this time.
DOH!

Got Me
EngineOut is offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #9  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: SKW Ramper
Posts: 5
Default

How Jr. is SLC for EMB FO's?
Hallsy is offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ExperimentalAB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy View Post
How Jr. is SLC for EMB FO's?
Coming from a CRJ FO, I'd say it certainly isn't Junior, but it's only taking a few months waiting for the award...EMB guys chime-in!
ExperimentalAB is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skywest class dates YoYoMa16 Regional 2 08-07-2006 08:57 PM
UPS fall hiring class dates Freight Dog Hiring News 3 07-03-2006 11:24 PM
Pinnacle class dates KiloAlpha Regional 21 06-27-2006 09:03 PM
ASA class dates? mayers Regional 4 02-09-2006 09:45 AM
UPS March Class Dates: Freight Dog Hiring News 0 02-23-2005 08:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 PM.