NetJets Fractional Operator

Is NJ hiring FO's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 12:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off

Originally Posted by El Pilot View Post
Currently doing 121 cargo in a turboprop, but considering NJ to get some jet time and career advancement.
What are the FO non-flying duties? I will probably work more doing non flying stuff is that true?
I'm usually a slam-clicker, is NJ a good fit for those types or do you have to smile and engage all the time.

Is it worth it to apply at NJ if you want to hustle and get some jet time before going to a legacy? serious questions.
How high on the list is building jet time? You could be assigned a fleet that doesn't fly as much and wait months for IOE.

You could get the Phenom. Which is a single pilot jet that you can legally log SIC time in. How valuable is that jet time to the place(s) you really want to work?
Old 05-04-2024, 12:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by 121noob View Post
If you go to the APC NJ page:

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/...tional/netjets

You can read all about their pay structure.

There is a base salary then FDP or Flight Duty Pay for every hour over 10 hours in a given rotation. It's $158/hr for the extra hours. As pointed out, if you're assigned to a fleet that doesn't fly often, you don't get a lot of FDP. If you fly your butt off, you get a lot of FDP. This unfortunately makes it hard to predict one's income other than the minimum base pay.

I do however personally like the idea of getting incentivized when I fly more as opposed to a straight salary.
where are you on your days “on” but not flying? Home or in a hotel waiting?
Old 05-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by awaywego View Post
where are you on your days “on” but not flying? Home or in a hotel waiting?
Depends if you happen to be at your home base. I live 20 minutes from the FBO at CLT. So I never used a hotel here in CLT, I just went home after cordinating with crew scheduling. .
At other locations you'll do "Hotel Standby" with 30 minutes to leave the hotel if called out.

It's VERY rare you won't have an airplane to fly on your "on" days. If yours breaks, airline or limo info usually comes pretty quickly. This is back when I was flying, we had more jets than crews so there was almost always an uncrewed jet somewhere. I think it's the same now.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2023

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Depends if you happen to be at your home base. I live 20 minutes from the FBO at CLT. So I never used a hotel here in CLT, I just went home after cordinating with crew scheduling. .
At other locations you'll do "Hotel Standby" with 30 minutes to leave the hotel if called out.

It's VERY rare you won't have an airplane to fly on your "on" days. If yours breaks, airline or limo info usually comes pretty quickly. This is back when I was flying, we had more jets than crews so there was almost always an uncrewed jet somewhere. I think it's the same now.
It also depends which fleet you're in.

Some fleets sit in hotels more often than other fleets. Specifically large cabin.
Old 05-05-2024, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by Swedepilut View Post

Some fleets sit in hotels more often than other fleets. Specifically large cabin.
A new hire classmate of mine downgraded to F/O in the Global. I ran into him on the ramp at HPN one day and asked him why. He proceeded to tell me about his schedule. It involved very few legs per day, frequent trips to Europe where they often sat for 30 hours then flew a live leg back.
I enjoyed flying the small cabin jets because of the shorter legs. I think my longest was 3:45 in the Phenom 300. Average was around 2 hours. Now in an airliner with the bullet proof doors you can read a book or otherwise keep yourself entertained on long redeyes or oceanic crossings. But at NJA with the owners having full view of the cockpit about all you can do is sit and stare out the window.
Old 05-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by Swedepilut View Post

Is that often on international trips?
Old 05-05-2024, 08:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
A new hire classmate of mine downgraded to F/O in the Global. I ran into him on the ramp at HPN one day and asked him why. He proceeded to tell me about his schedule. It involved very few legs per day, frequent trips to Europe where they often sat for 30 hours then flew a live leg back.
I enjoyed flying the small cabin jets because of the shorter legs. I think my longest was 3:45 in the Phenom 300. Average was around 2 hours. Now in an airliner with the bullet proof doors you can read a book or otherwise keep yourself entertained on long redeyes or oceanic crossings. But at NJA with the owners having full view of the cockpit about all you can do is sit and stare out the window.
Large cabins have large galleys and galley doors and flight attendants between the cockpit and the customers. The doors are closed for much of the flight. The cockpit is also wider and has a lot of space out of view of the back of the airplane even when the galley door is open. Staring out the window is always one option, but there are many others also.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Plus the satellite internet works real good
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: C12 Standardization Pilot

Well I just got the thanks but no thanks on the application site. What in the world are they looking for? I have 4500 hours with ATP, plenty of turbine PIC and a couple of type ratings.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2024
Position: B-737 FO
Smile

Originally Posted by ApacheAv8tor View Post
Well I just got the thanks but no thanks on the application site. What in the world are they looking for? I have 4500 hours with ATP, plenty of turbine PIC and a couple of type ratings.
I just heard back from my Sim partner I was assigned for the interview and he just got the "You can reapply in 6 months". I still have not heard anything. He had 1900 total and 1200 hours single engine turbine. I still havnt heard a thing, wonder if I screwed up in the interview somewhere.