Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
10027  10527  10927  10977  11017  11023  11024  11025  11026  11027  11028  11029  11030  11031  11037  11077  11127  11527  12027 
Page 11027 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Are the bears even playing tonight? They look worse than the replacement refs.
There's a Bears game on tonight? I'm doing something else.
Why is there so much open time on the bottom of most A categories?
Quote: As a Bears fan, I can tell you he's been in the league too long. I liked him when he played for the Raiders.
He's still kicking ass. Hall of Famer fo sho!
Quote: Has anyone used a buddy pass lately? My grandparents are coming to visit me in a couple days. They were going to drive, but I offered them the option of two buddy passes. Anyhow, I used the fare calculator to come up with $120 per person round trip. It's going to cost them about $350 to drive. I sold them on saving $110. I authorized them, listed them, and found out it's about $185 person. $370 vs the $240 the fare calculator quoted. I've used the fare calculator in the past and found it to be about right on. Anyway, they are now back to driving again as it's cheaper, and they don't like the idea of standby. I am out 2 buddy passes as I already authorized them. I have used 0 this year so I don't care, but it's not right. You should be able to get an accurate assessment of the price before committing. Rant over.
Quote: He's still kicking ass. Hall of Famer fo sho!
Like the Manning family, the Matthews family is pretty incredible on that side of the field. Casey Matthews played very well for Oregon during the Auburn BCS game and had excellent poise on his post loss interview. Just like his brother. An NFL and a college version.

Which Newk, take heart, you have the NFL version of Jay Cutler and Auburn has the college version. I feel your pain.
Quote: ...............................................
I know that, but aren't those two buddy passes unavailable now to other people since I already authorized them? I don't give buddy passes out so I really don't care. I am just disturbed by how far off the fare calculator was. I told them one price and the real price was high enough for them to change their plans. That is what bothers me about this.
Quote: Has anyone used a buddy pass lately? My grandparents are coming to visit me in a couple days. They were going to drive, but I offered them the option of two buddy passes. Anyhow, I used the fare calculator to come up with $120 per person round trip. It's going to cost them about $350 to drive. I sold them on saving $110. I authorized them, listed them, and found out it's about $185 person. $370 vs the $240 the fare calculator quoted. I've used the fare calculator in the past and found it to be about right on. Anyway, they are now back to driving again as it's cheaper, and they don't like the idea of standby. I am out 2 buddy passes as I already authorized them. I have used 0 this year so I don't care, but it's not right. You should be able to get an accurate assessment of the price before committing. Rant over.

I think it's been like that for awhile. Even when I was at ASA I always added about 10% to what the fare calculator came up with, and now its even more off since they started adding that fuel surcharge they announced awhile back. I agree it is a really crappy tool if it doesn't give you anything close to accurate!
Quote: I know that, but aren't those two buddy passes unavailable now to other people since I already authorized them? I don't give buddy passes out so I really don't care. I am just disturbed by how far off the fare calculator was. I told them one price and the real price was high enough for them to change their plans. That is what bothers me about this.
I thought as long as they haven't checked in you can cancel their pass. Once they check in whether they fly or not that pass is stuck with them for good.
Our buddy pass system sucks. It didn't use to. I don't offer them any more since its almost always a disappointing train wreck.

What I would LOVE the company to do is to eliminate buddy passes but give each employee positive space for the family once a year to fly over vacation time. THAT would be something we could bank on.

Friends don't let friends fly on buddy passes. It sucks.
Right now buddy pass not worth it. Just priced two tickets one way from PDX to MCO. Over $175 as buddy pass, $105 on spirit for a real ticket, $170 on United. Just the way it is.....
10027  10527  10927  10977  11017  11023  11024  11025  11026  11027  11028  11029  11030  11031  11037  11077  11127  11527  12027 
Page 11027 of 20173
Go to