Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Subscribe
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 458
Go to
Quote: How are they with family emergencies? Do they get you home? Also is there vacation days?
Depends, sometimes (its a cost thing, so they might route you home on a company airframe. I have flown with a guy that flew the flight home the day after his brother died to get home. I didn't find that out until mid pacific!) Vacation is 14 days given to you after you complete your probational check ride. Probation is not just one year, it is also the competition of your probationary AQP event.
As dysfunctional the scheduling dept is at K4, I can say that in the case of family emergency, once you make the call to YIP, they do a great job of getting you from wherever you are in the world to your home...
Amen to the above, quickly, and with genuine concern.
Pros and Cons
As a relatively new hire, here's my perpective. Pretty much what everyone is saying about the management/company is spot on. What makes the decision to leave difficult is all the great people I've flown with! I'd say I have about a 95% success rate thus far! . (Subject to change of course with certain check airmen)
Quote: Amen to the above, quickly, and with genuine concern.
Unless you are MM who's brother died while you are in HKG and had to fly home.
Unless you WS who broke his leg and the company WOULD NOT buy him a Business class ticket to keep his leg elevated (UAL did it as a very kind act for an injured crew member)
Unless your wife has just dropped divorced paperwork in your lap, then you can fly home (great state of mind you would be in)
Unless you are SV who grandfather passed away and you are the executor to the estate and have to make the funeral arrangements on the road only to miss the funeral because SR would not fly him home, where shall I stop? I have more examples.
Quote: Unless you are MM who's brother died while you are in HKG and had to fly home.
Unless you WS who broke his leg and the company WOULD NOT buy him a Business class ticket to keep his leg elevated (UAL did it as a very kind act for an injured crew member)
Unless your wife has just dropped divorced paperwork in your lap, then you can fly home (great state of mind you would be in)
Unless you are SV who grandfather passed away and you are the executor to the estate and have to make the funeral arrangements on the road only to miss the funeral because SR would not fly him home, where shall I stop? I have more examples.
Yikes.
Quote: Unless you are MM who's brother died while you are in HKG and had to fly home.
Well, that's horrifying.
Any info on recent interviews?
Quote: Probation is not just one year, it is also the competition of your probationary AQP event.

First AQP is at 6 months now, so it's the year for everyone.
Quote: Well, that's horrifying.
Are they still hiring?
13  63  103  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  123  163  213 
Page 113 of 458
Go to