Republic Airways to Fly Q400's for UAX

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 29
Go to
Quote: So I understand correctly you JUST got hired by Skywest and may not even be in class yet?
Correct, but I do have a working knowledge of 9E. What's your point?
Quote: Okay, I get what you're saying. Sorry coffee hasn't set in yet. And I agree, commuting vs home based makes a world of difference!
cool ignore my last post I was kinda harsh. Guess you weren't being a butt
my apologies.

you at 9e getting furloughed and trying to jump ship sooner?
Quote: When will people realize that we're being used as pawns in this game of driving low costs?

No offense to anyone, but the regionals were never meant to be career stoppers with senior people making over $100k. That just wasn't the intent of outsourced regional flying. Now that gas is very expensive, labor has increased as well (which is better for us, but for the regional model to work, it's too much). The only solution is drive the price of oil back down to $40/barrel, and since we can't do that, the other solution is to go back to 1995-2002 era contracts, which is when the RJ phase boomed. That's what management is trying to do now.

People are right: if you can't pay us what our contracts are now, it's time for this business to go out of business. Shut her down. Unfortunately, there are many who have no place to go and will ride it all the way to the ground. Many will vote to keep their golden goose (paycheck) afloat, even when it means paycuts and QOL cuts. "Shut her down" is easy to say when you're not the one in bankruptcy.

Good luck to all.

This is only the beginning. The Qs are going to Republic. GoJets is getting a few more CRJ-700s than originally planned.

I'm waiting to see the Scope section on the new Delta TA. Once I see that, I'll give you my next set of predictions.
Did you take a job at Virgin America? If so, you might not want to post statements like this.
Quote: Did you take a job at Virgin America? If so, you might not want to post statements like this.
Quote: I believe Pinnacle's health insurance costs pilots a lot less than Skywest's.
Honestly, I don't know the answer to that mate. I hope the MEC can keep that in place rather than going with what Menke wants to do.
Quote: cool ignore my last post I was kinda harsh. Guess you weren't being a butt
my apologies.

you at 9e getting furloughed and trying to jump ship sooner?
Getting F-bombed but was fortunate enough to get picked up by SkyWest and looks like I have a good shot at a home base! Where are you going to end up when the dust gets kicked up?
Quote: Getting F-bombed but was fortunate enough to get picked up by SkyWest and looks like I have a good shot at a home base! Where are you going to end up when the dust gets kicked up?
relatively senior in the slowly dying MEM base. slowly looking for a way out no hurry for me to call it quits yet. Till I se what happens to the contract....
Quote: relatively senior in the slowly dying MEM base. slowly looking for a way out no hurry for me to call it quits yet. Till I se what happens to the contract....
I don't blame ya! FedEx will be hiring! How's that for home basing?
Quote: I don't blame ya! FedEx will be hiring! How's that for home basing?
flying freight at 3 am with no hot MEM based flight attendants (sarcasm) isn't my idea of fun...
So what happens to the Saab flying? I know XJT picked upsome of their stuff out of IAH, but what about the rest? Silver maybe? It sucks for me because I will have to drive 3 hours to IAH for work if someone doesnt pick up the VCT EAS route....
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 29
Go to