Possible Plane Order

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28  68 
Page 18 of 82
Go to
Sorta getting closer to a decision.... First round of proposals done? See below:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/77824-spirit-airlines-nears-fleet-order-stalls-mro-decision

Only time will tell..... Perhaps we’ll hear something at the Paris Air Show in June....
VP of Flight Ops told our recurrent class this week that they expect a decision around Q3. 2nd round of manufacturer proposals is happening now. He indicated the intent is to have continuity in deliveries from our current order to the next.
David I think you’re a bit premature.

The RFP process is just the first step. Basically all the airframe manufactures have submitted their bids for whatever order size NK has tendered.

Now the lawyers and bean counters will spend a few months dissecting these contracts and negotiating changes and amendments back and forth, probably playing one off the other, until a final deal is structured.

Then, if all parties are satisfied, will they sign the contract and make the announcement. I’d wager we don’t hear anything until later this fall.
Quote: David I think you’re a bit premature.

The RFP process is just the first step. Basically all the airframe manufactures have submitted their bids for whatever order size NK has tendered.

Now the lawyers and bean counters will spend a few months dissecting these contracts and negotiating changes and amendments back and forth, probably playing one off the other, until a final deal is structured.

Then, if all parties are satisfied, will they sign the contract and make the announcement. I’d wager we don’t hear anything until later this fall.
I was recently told that the entire process was contracted out to a third party, and that we’d do whatever they suggested once they reached their purchasing conclusion.
Possible Plane Order
Quote: I was recently told that the entire process was contracted out to a third party, and that we’d do whatever they suggested once they reached their purchasing conclusion.

If Spirit is good at something it’s contracting stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: If Spirit is good at something it’s contracting stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s hope it’s never the pilots
Quote: David I think you’re a bit premature.

You are probably correct, but talks and aircraft demos/reviews with manufacturers have been ongoing for the last 18 months and, at least from the manufacturers’ standpoint, you would want to promote a big deal with a high-profile, low-cost carrier like Spirit at a big air show like the Paris Air Show (this June) or at Farnborough. That’s where big deals tend to be announced. Perhaps they need more time....
Quote: Looks like NK going with the 220. Look for more info late this week from Farnborough.
This quote was from the summer of last year. Ever year this rumor comes back up that they will announce an aircraft order. I'll believe when I see the planes at the gate.
Quote: VP of Flight Ops told our recurrent class this week that they expect a decision around Q3. 2nd round of manufacturer proposals is happening now. He indicated the intent is to have continuity in deliveries from our current order to the next.
If they're going to get continuity in deliveries we're getting the 190e2 or merging with frontier.
Quote: If they're going to get continuity in deliveries we're getting the 190e2 or merging with frontier.
They said they will have no problem getting airbuses that start being delivered right after our current order ends in 2021
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28  68 
Page 18 of 82
Go to