Magic 8 ball says:

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 19 of 20
Go to
Quote: Right there with ya buddy...
Another 20 something FO with zero TPIC time or 121 PIC time hired by DAL. Really good kid... great pilot... but man.
Quote: Another 20 something FO with zero TPIC time or 121 PIC time hired by DAL. Really good kid... great pilot... but man.

Yeah, I hear ya and know exactly where you're coming from...
Quote: Who's this Terry dude?
He’s the guy who runs the joint.

The last CEO went to run a car rental company after like two weeks on the job.

I had made up my mind to leave way before that, but yeah. That’s got to be some kind of record
Quote: He’s the guy who runs the joint.

I had made up my mind to leave way before that, but yeah. That’s got to be some kind of record
Yeah. She looked around long enough to realize she was more a caretaker than a CEO and bolted.
Quote: He’s the guy who runs the joint.

She was a COO, and left after about a year or so. She and Brad Sheehan actually started to turn XJT around. I was sad to see them go. Needless to say, when they both announced their departures, the writing was on the wall for me. I'll never regret leaving. Hopefully it works out for XJT, there's a lot of great folks still left there.
Quote: She was a COO, and left after about a year or so. She and Brad Sheehan actually started to turn XJT around. I was sad to see them go. Needless to say, when they both announced their departures, the writing was on the wall for me. I'll never regret leaving. Hopefully it works out for XJT, there's a lot of great folks still left there.
Yes. It was pretty disheartening when Brad left. We were actually becoming a well oiled machine and kicking butt in things like D:0. That’s when I put my apps out and started trying to leave. Each bit of bad news that comes out I extend the reach or my apps.
What’s crazy is, as “crappy” as XJT is, we still lead in all sorts of metrics. We’re still a good work group, and as an airline, still somehow manage to be at the top of the list in performance. Maybe one day, the majors will look at good performance instead of the bottom line.

Yeah, pipe dream, I know.
Getting a real good team of top management at a regional is tough. The job doesn't pay enough (a million bucks a year to manage an operation and employee group this size is not going to attract top talent). You're always second fiddle to St. George's plan for the operation you're trying to manage. Being on a CPA, there are huge opportunities for financial penalties with minimal opportunities to make money. And lastly, around 90% of your most expensive and vital work group (pilots) is actively trying to leave. It's not a great combination.
Quote: What’s crazy is, as “crappy” as XJT is, we still lead in all sorts of metrics. We’re still a good work group, and as an airline, still somehow manage to be at the top of the list in performance. Maybe one day, the majors will look at good performance instead of the bottom line.

Yeah, pipe dream, I know.
XJET/ASA could be the best in the industry. As long as Skywest is in the driver's seat, it is doomed.
[QUOTE][/XJET/ASA could be the best in the industry. As long as Skywest is in the driver's seat, it is doomed.QUOTE]

ASA was and still is the best
9  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 19 of 20
Go to