Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18105  18605  19005  19055  19095  19101  19102  19103  19104  19105  19106  19107  19108  19109  19115  19155  19205  19605  20105 
Page 19105 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I think you just put which option you wanted (3 or 4) on the left side, then 0 under the VAC DAYS then OK. If that doesn't work, I'd just call the vacation people, the number is in the bid package. They are very helpful.
Unfortunately that didn't work. Thank you though.

Edit: I figured it out. You delete both the option number (3 or 4) as well as the number of days that were requested. Then click ok. I was putting both as a 0 when I simply need to delete the number.
the "new" FOM that "had no changes" changed the commuting policy also. Says that both primary and backup have to either be mainline or DCI....and added the lanyard polciy that didn't exist before.....oh and the worse, check out 21.1.2......must now be rested for entire FDP limit when signing in.....
Quote: the "new" FOM that "had no changes" changed the commuting policy also. Says that both primary and backup have to either be mainline or DCI....and added the lanyard polciy that didn't exist before.....oh and the worse, check out 21.1.2......must now be rested for entire FDP limit when signing in.....
There has been no change to the commuter policy. It is contractual and can only be changed in negotiations. Here is what matters from the current contract.

3. A commuting pilot who travels to his base by air will not be eligible for treatment under Section 23 X. 2. unless he has attempted to travel on at least two flights (on and/or off line) that: a. show adequate actual seat availability within 24 hours of the departure, considering the pilot's seniority and the normal load factor of the flight; or, on which the pilot has a jumpseat reservation, b. are scheduled to arrive at his base at a reasonable time before his scheduled report, and c. are separated by at least two hours.

The above is what will protect you. The FOM policy deals with getting positive space to work when having problems commuting. I suspect the change was made because the company can't provide positive space on your backup if it's offline.
Quote: There has been no change to the commuter policy. It is contractual and can only be changed in negotiations. Here is what matters from the current contract.

3. A commuting pilot who travels to his base by air will not be eligible for treatment under Section 23 X. 2. unless he has attempted to travel on at least two flights (on and/or off line) that: a. show adequate actual seat availability within 24 hours of the departure, considering the pilot's seniority and the normal load factor of the flight; or, on which the pilot has a jumpseat reservation, b. are scheduled to arrive at his base at a reasonable time before his scheduled report, and c. are separated by at least two hours.

The above is what will protect you. The FOM policy deals with getting positive space to work when having problems commuting. I suspect the change was made because the company can't provide positive space on your backup if it's offline.

Until you get a union guy to testify against you "that it's been that way in FOM" and that's the way we've been interpreting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Southwest coming to Cincitucky

It was only a matter of time.......

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ng-to-cvg.html
[QUOTE=DelDah Capt;2274578]Southwest coming to Cincitucky

[URL]http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/01/04/major-carrier-coming-to-cvg.html[/URL

Will this be the last spike in the heart of a CVG base?
[QUOTE=qball;2274657]
Quote: Southwest coming to Cincitucky

[URL]http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/01/04/major-carrier-coming-to-cvg.html[/URL

Will this be the last spike in the heart of a CVG base?
Doubt this will be it. It appears the base is getting a 2-3 year extension and then year by year after that with any given year being the last. SWA's announcement (at least so far) doesn't mean much. MDW and BWI don't compete with a mainline route and SWA is a (by far) more rational competitor than Allegiant or Frontier, which DL is already successfully battling there. Keep in mind that while not purely apples to apples (because no merger), SWA coming to ATL was one of the biggest windfalls DL could have ever gotten.
Planning a spring break vacation and it looks like SEA-LHR is gone at the end of March. Virgin will provide the service. Looks like I'll have to fly to PHL or BOS to get there.
Quote: Planning a spring break vacation and it looks like SEA-LHR is gone at the end of March. Virgin will provide the service. Looks like I'll have to fly to PHL or BOS to get there.
That's only because SEA is not a 'Hub', while both BOS and PHL are hubs...
Quote: Planning a spring break vacation and it looks like SEA-LHR is gone at the end of March. Virgin will provide the service. Looks like I'll have to fly to PHL or BOS to get there.
So we don't fly to LHR from any other cities that SEA connects to? Like DTW, MSP, JFK, or ATL?
18105  18605  19005  19055  19095  19101  19102  19103  19104  19105  19106  19107  19108  19109  19115  19155  19205  19605  20105 
Page 19105 of 20173
Go to