Its Official, NO ALPA at COLGAN!!!!!!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
I can only agree with on that but someone needs to stop the ALPA Pac-Man game. They just scoop up your money and run. Remember, just because a new union comes in doesn't mean that the people leading it change.
Quote: I can only agree with on that but someone needs to stop the ALPA Pac-Man game. They just scoop up your money and run. Remember, just because a new union comes in doesn't mean that the people leading it change.
Yes but at least they can a contract, what they have now is nothing, I used to get screwed day in and day out with that place and their answer, "well you can do it, or we can fire you for insubordination"
Let the whipsaw begin... for now, at least.
Quote: My congrats to them for standing up to ALPA. ALPA does not represent the little guys. They would be better off going somewhere else. ANYTHING is better than ALPA.
yeah, congrats colgan. you will be treated the way pt has wanted to treat us for 5 years. the thing is with a contract they try and make us do all sorts of stuff, but we pull out the contract, tell them its illegal and thats the end of it. if they still insist you grieve it and then get reparations when they are proven wrong.

Quote: Let the whipsaw begin... for now, at least.
there will be no whipsaw between pinnacle and colgan. our scope clause is air tight. if you haven't read it you should. it is short and sweet and pretty much left the company no room to interpret or wiggle around it. the problem was going to be colgan guys had taken our flying. we will win our status quo grievance which will be decided by the end of october and the colgan pilots will be up ****** creek with out a paddle when we come to take their flying away. now i don't want that more than anyone else, but what i honestly believe will happen is the colgan pilots will be stapled to the bottom of the seniority list, and will then have to bid for vacancies. some will be displaced, others will be knocked down in seniority. it wont be pretty. i dont think the colgan pilots know who they are dealing with...pt doesn't care about your life. and when we win the grievance and we force pt to put them at the bottom of our list, he wont care.
Quote: My congrats to them for standing up to ALPA. ALPA does not represent the little guys. They would be better off going somewhere else. ANYTHING is better than ALPA.
I agree with everything you say, except your last statement. A contract is better than nothing. Actually losing the first vote isn't that unusual. Assuming there was only a 50% voter turn out shows poor organization on the pilots part, beter luck next time.
If they decision was made by 4 votes and some people can prove they didn't get their voting materials, sounds like a good grounds to challenge the vote. That's a little tight to go one way or the other with such a small turnout.
Quote: I agree with everything you say, except your last statement. A contract is better than nothing. Actually losing the first vote isn't that unusual. Assuming there was only a 50% voter turn out shows poor organization on the pilots part, beter luck next time.

I am sorry, I wasn't clear. Any union is better than ALPA.
Quote: If they decision was made by 4 votes and some people can prove they didn't get their voting materials, sounds like a good grounds to challenge the vote. That's a little tight to go one way or the other with such a small turnout.
You now if you think about, the 50% turn-out doesnt really surprise me, because if you cared enough about your QOL, you wouldnt be there, hence the weak pilot group more than willing to take the abuse, hell only 1/2 of them mind getting kicked around
Quote: yeah, congrats colgan. you will be treated the way pt has wanted to treat us for 5 years. the thing is with a contract they try and make us do all sorts of stuff, but we pull out the contract, tell them its illegal and thats the end of it. if they still insist you grieve it and then get reparations when they are proven wrong.

there will be no whipsaw between pinnacle and colgan. our scope clause is air tight. if you haven't read it you should. it is short and sweet and pretty much left the company no room to interpret or wiggle around it. the problem was going to be colgan guys had taken our flying. we will win our status quo grievance which will be decided by the end of october and the colgan pilots will be up ****** creek with out a paddle when we come to take their flying away. now i don't want that more than anyone else, but what i honestly believe will happen is the colgan pilots will be stapled to the bottom of the seniority list, and will then have to bid for vacancies. some will be displaced, others will be knocked down in seniority. it wont be pretty. i dont think the colgan pilots know who they are dealing with...pt doesn't care about your life. and when we win the grievance and we force pt to put them at the bottom of our list, he wont care.

Wow, do you really think thats going to happen?
PT is evil.... he'll find a way. BTW, Airsupport, is Clive still there?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to