Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
1050  1550  1950  2000  2040  2046  2047  2048  2049  2050  2051  2052  2053  2054  2060  2100  2150  2550  3050 
Page 2050 of 20173
Go to
Quote: After further review:

It looks like EVERY base had a net GAIN in positions EXCEPT DTW and ATL (SEA looks to be even), yet you say the f-NWA bases got a windfall.

Either your tunnel vision is worse than I thought, or you believe that ATL was the only f-DAL base.... (or, maybe that's the same thing)

It's ok, Bar. It's kind of funny at this point.
newKnow,

DTW gained jobs. I was writing about the economic impact story. But with your temerity, you failed to notice. Glad you have a First Officer to keep out of the weeds. Of course with your pleasant demeanor you should expect to hear only the checklists and only then as a response. Besides, you'll be able to bid those 777 positions sooner than you think.

Thik I'll take a break and go push dumbells around literally rather than figuratively.
(777's that North guys can't touch)

You know this is not true!!
Quote: (777's that North guys can't touch)

As an AG major, please explain yourself...or do you mean if there is insufficent bidders a North guy can get it. Thanks
nervermind
Quote: do you mean if there is insufficent bidders a North guy can get it. Thanks
I highly doubt there will be insufficient bidders for that airplane.
It might go a whole lot more junior than you think though.
Quote: (777's that North guys can't touch)

What do you mean by this? I think this is true.
Quote: newKnow,

DTW gained jobs. I was writing about the economic impact story.

But with your temerity, you failed to notice. Glad you have a First Officer to keep out of the weeds.

You'll be able to bid those 777 positions sooner than you think.
Bar,

New York gained jobs, too. So, did every other base except, as mentioned above, DTW and SEA.

If you think the:

- 139 765 positions and extra domestic flying don't make up for the 81 777 spots lost in NYC, or
- the higher paying 320 in SLC, or
-the increased LAX and CVG flying with no reductions

...is not a positive economic impact for those former DAL bases then have at it. Write whatever you want.

But, when you say, "the other angle to this is f-DAL bases are taking a big pay cut....," you are factually incorrect. Unless, you consider Atlanta to be two cities or two DAL bases.

So, I'm sorry, maybe you have double vision.

If you think my FO is keeping me out of the weeds, then when you see me working your commuter flight to DTW, make sure you take the next one.

New K Now
Quote: As an AG major, please explain yourself...or do you mean if there is insufficent bidders a North guy can get it. Thanks
Correct! I know its not likely but you never know...He made it sound as if the north bases are not getting the increase in WB's which they are compared to ATL.
Quote: Bar,

New York gained jobs, too. So, did every other base except, as mentioned above, DTW and SEA.

New K Now
Detroit is gaining 52 WB capt's and 20 WB Fo's, losing 33 NB Capt and 1 NB FO.

Net Gain 19 Capt's and 19 FO.

This was done by comparing the current category list to the 22 D.3 projected staffing report.
Quote: ... when you see me working your commuter flight to DTW, make sure you take the next one.

New K Now
Inter Company Jumpseat War ... hah' good luck with that

Pilot: I will not make duty in
Crew Scheduling: Why?
Pilot: newKnow told me to take the next one

Let us know how it works out for you ... .
1050  1550  1950  2000  2040  2046  2047  2048  2049  2050  2051  2052  2053  2054  2060  2100  2150  2550  3050 
Page 2050 of 20173
Go to