UAL Pool-ies

Subscribe
117  167  207  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  227  267 
Page 217 of 282
Go to
So the 24 month lock means you can't go from 737 to bus? Or does it just mean you cant go to a lower paying plane like 767 to 737?
Quote: So the 24 month lock means you can't go from 737 to bus? Or does it just mean you cant go to a lower paying plane like 767 to 737?
Yes and yes. With a 24 mo freeze, you can only bid up. You are frozen from bidding down or sideways under 8 D 1 equipment training freeze of the contract.
Thanks. Any idea what aircraft would get a guy to DEN the quickest. I know things are changing everywhere and fleets are changing there, but as it sits today what's the best choice?

And for the time being, commuting out of DEN, what would be the best base choice/AC for the commute. Options being IAH, SFO, EWR and possibly ORD
I would not count on denver at all... There is a line mile long waiting for that ticket.
Quote: Thanks. Any idea what aircraft would get a guy to DEN the quickest. I know things are changing everywhere and fleets are changing there, but as it sits today what's the best choice?

And for the time being, commuting out of DEN, what would be the best base choice/AC for the commute. Options being IAH, SFO, EWR and possibly ORD
I commute DEN to EWR and have had a pretty easy time. Initially bid over to IAH out of training last year and changed back to EWR with IAH being a tough commute. SFO is a tough commute with many senior widebody folks and ORD to DEN is usually mostly RJs.

737 is the growing fleet so I have stayed on it to have maximum flexibility.
Quote: I commute DEN to EWR and have had a pretty easy time. Initially bid over to IAH out of training last year and changed back to EWR with IAH being a tough commute. SFO is a tough commute with many senior widebody folks and ORD to DEN is usually mostly RJs.

737 is the growing fleet so I have stayed on it to have maximum flexibility.
Okay thanks. Is this for a line or on reserve? I Dont quite understand the reserve system yet by trying to read the tidbits found on here whether it is all long call and can be converted to short call or if there are pure short call schedules awarded as well.
What was tough with the IAH commute? Looks like there is a lot more flights a day compared to just EWR?
Quote: Okay thanks. Is this for a line or on reserve? I Dont quite understand the reserve system yet by trying to read the tidbits found on here whether it is all long call and can be converted to short call or if there are pure short call schedules awarded as well.
What was tough with the IAH commute? Looks like there is a lot more flights a day compared to just EWR?
On reserve you start as long call...12 hours to show. You can be converted to short call 2.5 to show or field standby. After they convert you twice you get an extra hour of pay every time they do it.

Remember that Den used to be a LCAL base that closed and most of those people went to IAH. Combine that with the fact that there have been no openings on Den for a long time and you have lots of people commuting on that route.

Good luck
Quote: On reserve you start as long call...12 hours to show. You can be converted to short call 2.5 to show or field standby. After they convert you twice you get an extra hour of pay every time they do it.

Remember that Den used to be a LCAL base that closed and most of those people went to IAH. Combine that with the fact that there have been no openings on Den for a long time and you have lots of people commuting on that route.

Good luck
Correction... LSR is a 13 hour callout and you only get paid for unused short calls and field standbys. They can convert you as often as they want (and they will).
So is it possible to sit reserve at home in DEN on long call even for EWR? Until they call you and convert you of course, then a hotel or crash pad would be necessary?
Quote: So is it possible to sit reserve at home in DEN on long call even for EWR? Until they call you and convert you of course, then a hotel or crash pad would be necessary?
I have done it once or twice, always for day 1 since you are protected from early morning shows by contract. There is a really good gouge for reserve on pilots.ualforums.com.

It is tough to sit Long Call from Denver for EWR based on when the last flight leaves. In the summer, there is sometimes a late night flight, but it can be packed. EWR flying on the 737 pretty much requires you to go in night prior to trip. While on probation, I would not mess around with chancing it. I had a few nights where I would wake up looking at the phone, as you begin LC at midnight for a 13 hour callout. Also, the earliest flight from DEN to EWR does not get in until around 2:30PM, so technically Scheds can call you at midnight for a 1300 show and you're out of luck.

I am holding a line on the 73 EWR. I got off IOE last Fall and within two months was holding weekends/holidays off on reserve and started holding a line this April. Hotels BTW, run around $100 a night. Crashpad tends to be a better option, especially for those guys who need a hotel room for coming in early due to a storm, and they are all full.

On reserve, your best friend is the Agressive Pickup(APU). Pick up a trip with a late showtime, or even a SC or Field Standby with an afternoon show. APU tactical use also allows you to manage your vulnerability on the First in First Out (FIFO) list in CCS. Effective APU allows you to go home early at times, or avoid the 4AM LGA showtime, from a 2AM SC.
117  167  207  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  227  267 
Page 217 of 282
Go to