Extended Tine Off/Early Retirement Ofer

Subscribe
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 27 of 31
Go to
Quote: I recently flew with a captain over 60, retired military, a commuter and not the least interested in VSP because he says taking an early out would cost him around 700k or so.

I just looked at him and said, what about if we vote for reduction in line guarantee to keep everyone on, but now instead of sitting at home still collecting your 67 TFP and being done with it, you have to commute to get it.

“Oh, that’ll never happen.”

Many are realizing this. Personally, I’m just gonna laugh when we start reading about the kernel regret.
Its def a possibility but idk if it would get voted in, people that aren’t in the furlough zone would have to vote yes...and a lot of them. Most of don’t work at guarantee, so it wouldn’t bother me much if there is stuff to pick up from others etc
Quote: Its def a possibility but idk if it would get voted in, people that aren’t in the furlough zone would have to vote yes...and a lot of them. Most of don’t work at guarantee, so it wouldn’t bother me much if there is stuff to pick up from others etc

Except when there are furloughs, no picking up OT.
That’s a really big factor in my thinking. 55tfp of 88 is a good deal, but if guarantee drops to 75, then I’d be foolish to not take ExTO. Sure hope I’m making the right call.

I’ll bet the majority of ExTO takers are 2-6 yr FO’s, and junior commuting captains.
Quote: Except when there are furloughs, no picking up OT.
can still pick up from fellow crew members I believe. That’s what I do exclusively because of kids needs
Quote: I recently flew with a captain over 60, retired military, a commuter and not the least interested in VSP because he says taking an early out would cost him around 700k or so.

I just looked at him and said, what about if we vote for reduction in line guarantee to keep everyone on, but now instead of sitting at home still collecting your 67 TFP and being done with it, you have to commute to get it.

“Oh, that’ll never happen.”

Many are realizing this. Personally, I’m just gonna laugh when we start reading about the kernel regret.
Kernel’s got his head in the sand!
Quote: That’s a really big factor in my thinking. 55tfp of 88 is a good deal, but if guarantee drops to 75, then I’d be foolish to not take ExTO. Sure hope I’m making the right call.

I’ll bet the majority of ExTO takers are 2-6 yr FO’s, and junior commuting captains.
I guarantee that they’ll be asking for a lot less than a min of 75 TFP. More like 60-70.

Again, if I was close to retirement age or even 55, I’d strongly consider it. Can you imagine having to actually work for 70 TFP instead of sitting at home for 67? Put a bullet in me for crying out loud!
Quote: That’s a really big factor in my thinking. 55tfp of 88 is a good deal, but if guarantee drops to 75, then I’d be foolish to not take ExTO. Sure hope I’m making the right call.

I’m thinking it might be a good mix all over the list. I know of at least 9 FO’s taking ExTO and we all have been here at least 12 years.
I know of 5 guys that have been here less than a year that are taking the ExTO, and thats only out of the 22 in my class I know. So thats a good sign.
Quote: I guarantee that they’ll be asking for a lot less than a min of 75 TFP. More like 60-70.

Again, if I was close to retirement age or even 55, I’d strongly consider it. Can you imagine having to actually work for 70 TFP instead of sitting at home for 67? Put a bullet in me for crying out loud!
Damn. Do you think folks would vote for that low of min guarantee if it came with furlough protection? I sure don’t. The folks out on ExTO might because it wouldn’t effect them, but I doubt anyone left flying would, even possible furloughees.
Quote: Damn. Do you think folks would vote for that low of min guarantee if it came with furlough protection? I sure don’t. The folks out on ExTO might because it wouldn’t effect them, but I doubt anyone left flying would, even possible furloughees.
Guys who take VSP won’t have a vote in the future. I have no idea how many people are going to tale VSP.

However, in general, the senior guys who don’t take VSP and stick around are more likely going to be of the more “happy he here”/“I’d do this job for free” variety than the guys who would prefer to do something else. Those guys, in my experience, tend to be more the true believer/koolie type.

That is going to change the voting dynamics. Imo, it makes it more likely than ever that this group will vote in concessions.

Plus, if you stick around, the likelihood that you’re going to have to fly with a true believer/koolie type is higher than it was before because many of the people who aren’t overly attached to this job are going to take VSP or ExTO.
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 27 of 31
Go to