Bid run.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Does anybody have a good idea of what the over/under is with regard to Pay-No-Train?

IOW, with how many months to go until retirement would it be safe to bid a higher-paying seat, but not be trained?

The JCBA does not give even a ballpark figure; whereas the old LUS contract stated that a pilot within six months of retirement may or may not be trained at the company's discretion.

TIA for any info.

At LAA it's always been 12-18 months before retirement they can and will withhold you.
Quote: At LAA it's always been 12-18 months before retirement they can and will withhold you.

Thanks for the replies, MA and 76.

However, I do know of a colleague with an April retirement date who bid a new position effective last October, and was made to train.

I guess it just depends on how heavy the load is at the TC's in DFW and CLT in any given month.
I know a guy that was displaced off the 80 last March and turned 65 last December. They sent him to training (same pay group) only to fly the line for 7 months.
At the rate pilots are leaving PHX when do you think they will start letting FO's in? Maybe Nov/Dec?
Quote: At the rate pilots are leaving PHX when do you think they will start letting FO's in? Maybe Nov/Dec?

Someone told me they're displacing people out of there next month finally but I haven't seen that written anywhere.
Quote: Someone told me they're displacing people out of there next month finally but I haven't seen that written anywhere.
They are displacing CA's on the AB from there. They had lots of FO's want to leave but not CA's. In fact they withheld FO's because too many were leaving too soon!
I'm hoping I can get into PHX by EOY.
Nice to see PHX not go senior.
Quote: Nice to see PHX not go senior.

It's still senior. I can't even hold wknds off on reserve as a 2013 hire.
Quote: It's still senior. I can't even hold wknds off on reserve as a 2013 hire.
It's our bs PBS system. Charlotte is the same way. Coverage days are killing us.
All PHX FOs that wanted LAX or DFW have had a chance to leave. Many withheld on the May bid though. Aug forecast has the same number as June. I think there will be more reductions after summer to reach their final numbers. There are still pilots on property that haven't had a chance at PHX yet. They may have a shot by the end of the year. PHX 76T went pretty junior on the May bid. The junior guy is only a few months senior to the junior A-320 guy.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to