Delta and Alitalia Merger Meeting in Atlanta

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to
What, if anything, happens if Delta buys more than a 49% control? Does it trigger any kind of action in our contract?

Denny
Quote: I've always wanted to drive a train.
Having ridden on the train for MANY hours, your primary job is to toot-your-horn! It NEVER stops

The hours pretty much suck too!
Quote: Maybe the Italian government will sever the Fifth Freedom rights of the ME3 carriers in Italy in exchange for a majority purchase by Delta?.....
I'd be suprised if the Italian govt even has the soverignty to make that decision at this point. If BRU has a say, there's zero chance they'll anger the ME3.
Quote: What, if anything, happens if Delta buys more than a 49% control? Does it trigger any kind of action in our contract?

Denny
1B19: Makes the “more than 49%” entity a company affiliate. Makes the entity Delta pilots subject to our PWA and placed on our seniority list. Aka start bidding FCO777 in icrew.

Scope language on “affiliates” improved in C15.
Quote: 1B19: Makes the “more than 49%” entity a company affiliate. Makes the entity Delta pilots subject to our PWA and placed on our seniority list. Aka start bidding FCO777 in icrew.

Scope language on “affiliates” improved in C15.
That’s kinda what I thought. Makes this verrrry interesting.

My wife would luv to live in Italy for a couple years....

Denny
Quote: That’s kinda what I thought. Makes this verrrry interesting.

My wife would luv to live in Italy for a couple years....

Denny
There is nothing available in Tuscany.
Can’t wait to see the purple triple breasted uniform coat.
Quote: What, if anything, happens if Delta buys more than a 49% control? Does it trigger any kind of action in our contract?

Denny
It doesn't make much business sense to become a majority shareholder if you essentially control the board with 49%. No single opposition group will have control of the other 51%. If they go over it'll be a true buyout and merger that would be a lot more difficult to operate as a U.S. corp.
Quote: It doesn't make much business sense to become a majority shareholder if you essentially control the board with 49%. No single opposition group will have control of the other 51%. If they go over it'll be a true buyout and merger that would be a lot more difficult to operate as a U.S. corp.
You articulate well what I've been thinking. I suspect any deal will be for 49%.

Denny
Lest we forget the language that was in C2015 TA1 that gave the MEC the authority to allow other airlines to operate the Delta widget.

...or is my memory failing me and I’m way off here?

GP
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to