how old is the youngest pilot at your airline

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: 1 pilot who is 26 at jetblue, I'm surprised we don't have more or anyone younger
I just turned 25 last month and I start on Wednesday
Quote: I just turned 25 last month and I start on Wednesday
We have a new winner! You'll be the youngest in the company
No info available for US Air. According to the union, no such list exists....
Started at Spirit in 07 at 23 yrs old and upgraded in July 12 exactly on my 29th birthday which was pretty cool. There has been some younger guys hired behind me but if I stay in it I should be #1 for a couple years.
Quote: Started at Spirit in 07 at 23 yrs old and upgraded in July 12 exactly on my 29th birthday which was pretty cool. There has been some younger guys hired behind me but if I stay in it I should be #1 for a couple years.
Was that from the Embry Riddle program?
No I was not but soon after the riddle guys were hired. I have flown with a few and all were very sharp. I have had a few Capt's hit me off with the ( so what yr did u grad from riddle ) comment though. I was corporate air ambulance prior to Spirit.
Not recent but I used to share a crashpad in "85 with a guy who was a UAL newhire. He was 22 or 23 when hired at UAL and had the provisional ATP prior to that (had the hours but not the age). Always wondered where he is now.
Quote: Not recent but I used to share a crashpad in "85 with a guy who was a UAL newhire. He was 22 or 23 when hired at UAL and had the provisional ATP prior to that (had the hours but not the age). Always wondered where he is now.

1985 was a bad year to be hired at UA. There were a lot of pilots stepping on the backs of other pilots and a lot of them were early 20s and will unfortunately be on our seniority list tell the mid 2020s. Depending on the month your friend was hired depends on how his "magical" career went.
Quote: 1985 was a bad year to be hired at UA. There were a lot of pilots stepping on the backs of other pilots and a lot of them were early 20s and will unfortunately be on our seniority list tell the mid 2020s. Depending on the month your friend was hired depends on how his "magical" career went.
If I recall, he was a summer '85 hire.
Quote: Put yourself in for Tool of the Day!

The fighter guys in my class had about 1,200 TT, most of it day VFR in an empty pattern.

How landing a single engine jet on a boat qualifies you to fly passengers in/out of O'Hare in a blizzard is beyond me.

I know I'm pretty new around here, but this sort of ignorance annoys me....

"That's a lot to ask, even of a trained pilot. And the stress is evident. During the Vietnam War, Hubbard said, researchers attached sensors to pilots' bodies to see when they experienced the most anxiety during night missions over North Vietnam.
The highest readings were not when the pilots braved ground-to-air missiles or flew in areas patrolled by enemy aircraft. The greatest stress was when the pilots came home and tried to snag that cable."

We learn this in flight school, and here are the facts to back it up. That should probably sufficiently answer your question.

Blizzard in O'Hare < Dodging SAMs in Vietnam < Landing on the boat at night
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to