What Industry Standard Will Be Destroyed Next?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to
Quote: Clearly, he didn't make it to Phase II.
No I never made it to Phase I. In fact I had the job I have now before JetBlue was ever dreampt.

Besides that I would have never applied to JetBlue just from the way JetBlue stands on Unions.

Now quit smoking crack and thinking you have a desireable job. You and your pilot group live off what Union pilots stood for, fought for and won.
ProJV et all,

I have to say I agree in principle with the proff just not in the execution. Almost all carriers started off w/o unions. SWA/UPS/FDX are all the darlings but all started w/o unions. At FDX we didn't need one. Fred loved us and we loved him, kumm by ya! But then we got bigger and instead of knowing all his pilots we became a cost center... a big expensive cost center. So we got a Union, it's a simpification why we got it, but we eventually got the BIG picture.

So how do we handle JB and the rest....education, that's how. You can ride on my JS, with the Capt's permission, but I will talk to you about the industries future and your part in it. When/IF JB makes it great! But you WILL become a cost center and you WILL need protection. That's how the ball bounces.

Proff...these people need jobs, so they took the one that hired them, and yes they are helping the race to the bottom...I get it. But, they need education. In 5 yrs or so if they still don't have a union on the property they will not be invited onto my JS....But we all are at CO that at one time did not have a union.

To all the JB people. Unions are what got us the pay, retirements and the work rules I enjoy today. Yes, lots of mistakes, but the union is me and you VS. some very high powered lawyers, so we are bound too lose some. But overall we must have them or we will all be flying for WALMART AIR! Or at least the foreign pilots will, I'll be the door greeter at Home Depot.

You're welcome to JS at FDX....but expect to have a little Union talk with the coffee.
Quote: ProJV et all,

I have to say I agree in principle with the proff just not in the execution. Almost all carriers started off w/o unions. SWA/UPS/FDX are all the darlings but all started w/o unions. At FDX we didn't need one. Fred loved us and we loved him, kumm by ya! But then we got bigger and instead of knowing all his pilots we became a cost center... a big expensive cost center. So we got a Union, it's a simpification why we got it, but we eventually got the BIG picture.

So how do we handle JB and the rest....education, that's how. You can ride on my JS, with the Capt's permission, but I will talk to you about the industries future and your part in it. When/IF JB makes it great! But you WILL become a cost center and you WILL need protection. That's how the ball bounces.

Proff...these people need jobs, so they took the one that hired them, and yes they are helping the race to the bottom...I get it. But, they need education. In 5 yrs or so if they still don't have a union on the property they will not be invited onto my JS....But we all are at CO that at one time did not have a union.

To all the JB people. Unions are what got us the pay, retirements and the work rules I enjoy today. Yes, lots of mistakes, but the union is me and you VS. some very high powered lawyers, so we are bound too lose some. But overall we must have them or we will all be flying for WALMART AIR! Or at least the foreign pilots will, I'll be the door greeter at Home Depot.

You're welcome to JS at FDX....but expect to have a little Union talk with the coffee.

Actually I disagree with your statement "In five years or so....." It's time now.

JetBlue isn't a regional carrier flying regional aircraft to regional airports. They are the largest A320 operator in the world flying coast to coast into major airports in direct competition with every Major, Domestic, National, LCC and Regional airline.

It saddens me to know that there are small pilot groups out there flying aircraft like Beech 1900's who have banded together, unified, negotiated contracts while JetBlue ( a supposed level above them) lives off the gains made buy Union pilots while detracting from the profession.

Here is another reason why I disagree with your statement: "In five years or so....."

Total
Active
Furlough
none
This is a large fully developed non-union pilot group. It's like cancer. You have to catch it early before it spreads.
Quote: ... Its bad enough without the FE, it will be ten times worse without the FO....A nightmare if fully automated. Personally, I think this would be the worst thing to happen to us pilots.

What makes you think they will get rid of the FO status... In that situation I would put my money on the automation having the PIC authority!
Quote: What makes you think they will get rid of the FO status... In that situation I would put my money on the automation having the PIC authority!
JetBlue pilots are already "collecting data".
Sign me up
Quote: Me and my dad were just discussing a similar subject over a beer. He has heard that the airlines are pushing Boeing for singleman and fully automated aircraft. It's just rumor that he's heard and I'll tell ya, it scares me to death! One of the reasons I am choosing aviation as a career is the companionship you have on the job. I like having someone fly with me. I think it would be down right boring flying singleman airliners. Its bad enough without the FE, it will be ten times worse without the FO....A nightmare if fully automated. Personally, I think this would be the worst thing to happen to us pilots.
If it's an F-15 hauling rubber dog dodo, then sign me up! If it's that smaller low cost alternative fighter, the F-16 Fighting Falcon, then I'm with you because I just couldn't bring myself to fly a target aircraft.

Jolly

There are only two kinds of airplanes, Fighters and Targets.
Quote: If it's an F-15 hauling rubber dog dodo, then sign me up! If it's that smaller low cost alternative fighter, the F-16 Fighting Falcon, then I'm with you because I just couldn't bring myself to fly a target aircraft.

Jolly

aren't fighters targets too...that would make 1 type then
I love how many pilots are free-market Republicans and big believers in market forces.

Except when it negatively affects them.

The things which have negatively affected the airline industry are the result of market forces. Can't have it both ways folks.

Ironic, huh?
Quote: If it's an F-15 hauling rubber dog dodo, then sign me up! If it's that smaller low cost alternative fighter, the F-16 Fighting Falcon, then I'm with you because I just couldn't bring myself to fly a target aircraft.

Jolly

Then you better call the kill BVR. Not many larger targets out there approaching the merge than the F-15!
Quote: I love how many pilots are free-market Republicans and big believers in market forces.

Except when it negatively affects them.

The things which have negatively affected the airline industry are the result of market forces. Can't have it both ways folks.

Ironic, huh?
Great point!!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to