Alaska buying Hawaiian airlines.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14  54 
Page 4 of 88
Go to
Quote: what OTZ mean?
He’s a regular poster here (OTZEagle or something like that).
Quote: OTZ was a poster that was banned, but repeatedly said Alaska and Hawaiian would merge....
Thanks all!
Is he really banned? Bring him back!
Quote: what OTZ mean?
Just be happy you don't know...
Quote: We're gonna keep HNL 717s open. It's a great plane, a great base.
717s gone and HNL closes Aug 31, 2026
Horizon E175 HNL opens Sept 1, 2026

A330s and 717s to Delta, A321s to American, Dreamliner orders cancelled. Currently finding out how many people to boot to make it from HNL to Auckland on a MAX 8.
What do you mean it can't?
Currently exploring a new base in the Marshall Islands to offer one-stop service to Asia and Australia/New Zealand on MAXes.

Does that all sound about right?
I hear the Christmass Island layover is super nice...
Quote: That's easy to do. One certificate, one pilot group, different paint jobs. Just like the regionals, fine print on the fuselage "Operated by Alaska Airlines dba Hawiian Airlines".

The email said operations would merge, and as you say I'm sure an SLI will be required even if the company didn't want one.

This^^^^^^

unless there is something contractually preventing it... Add in minimum 5 yr fence. Seniority list integration will be interesting as always.
Well that's cool. Delta can grab a bunch of cheap 330s, 321s, and 717s because Alaska only flies Boeings. Ask the VX guys.
Quote: Refers to a poster here, OTZEagle1. He's long been calling for a HAL merger, and his latest prediction was Q4 which looks like turned out true. He's also called out other things before they happen. People give him crap for it, but he was right.
Souns like he was a closet consperacy theorist who was proven right. Seems like that has happened before in recent history, just can't place my finger on it.
Quote: I don’t think scope would allow that.
I don't think so. But the announcement said merged operating certificates, with the HAL brand retained for obvious reasons.
Quote: Refers to a poster here, OTZEagle1. He's long been calling for a HAL merger, and his latest prediction was Q4 which looks like turned out true. He's also called out other things before they happen. People give him crap for it, but he was right.
Yes but in fairness, how many other mergers did he predict and on what timelines? If you predict everything, when something happens you’ll be right. He’s still a slimeball that openly addmitted on this forum to insider trading.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14  54 
Page 4 of 88
Go to