FDX MD11 Crew Base in HKG

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Back to College!
Double Post, see below:
Back to College!
Hong Kong's awesome! You get to back to college, only this time you're 40 or 50 years old, and mom and dad ain't paying for it! Sleep late, no yard, no car, heck not even a driveway to park it in. It rocks!

Here's what 2700 USD gets you on HK Island. There are 3 FOs in this building. One pays 2800 USD, one pays 2700 USD, and one pays 2200 USD, all for the exact same units. The one who "only" pays 2200 USD got a "good deal" because he came at the exact bottom of the World Economic Crisis when rents were at the rock bottom. The other two pay "normal" prices, which the 3rd guy will undoubtedly be forced to do by his chinese landlord when his lease is up for renewal.

497 sq feet of fine living!

Enjoy the pics:

Uncomfortable dinner for 2? A two burner hot-plate complete with a washing "machine" with no dryer! Forget about an oven in HK. You don't need one anyway. You gonna cook a turkey?? You can't fit in the refridge!

The living "room", complete with prison lighting and a couch big enough for 1.5 people (or 2 people who really like each other)

The master (and only) bedroom. Big enough to fit a queen size bed! As long as you hang half of it on the window sill:
Nice...................................
Hey look at the bright side, you're only a few minutes walk from Nana Banana, Old China Hand, Laguna, Neptune II and the other fine establishments in Wan Chai..
Are those bamboo floors; sign me up.
Is that a washing machine below your stove?
Very Nice!!
Quote: Is that a washing machine below your stove?
Very Nice!!
Yup.

Complete with no dryer. I guess you're supposed to hang up your wet towels and underwear in your living room so they can dry. Don't put any regular clothes in that machine, it just destroys them,
That actually looks like Al Gore's vision for America (for all the little people of course). You should be happy to have such a small carbon footprint. Put yourself in for a Nobel Prize.
Quote: That actually looks like Al Gore's vision for America (for all the little people of course). You should be happy to have such a small carbon footprint. Put yourself in for a Nobel Prize.
Glad I could help the environment with my 2700.
Awesome pics. How about the view out the windows? Have any pictures of that?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to