NMB ruling

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 19
Go to
Quote: Well, let's just say APA isn't likely to add to any of the knives inserted into your back by USAPA (formerly East ALPA)
Really, what else are you selling? APA will recycle their machetes from the TWA guys, sharpen them, then ready them for insertion.
Could ALPA or Teamsters theoretically throw their name in the hat during this 30 day period?
Something to consider. The reason the Nic was so much sided toward AWA is because the East guys refused to play ball and budge. USAPA is doing its best to stall the proceedings and IMO comes off looking like they are the bad guy in this ordeal same as before. Their actions will more negatively effect the outcome of any SLI deal moreso than any other entity.

The irony of the situation is there are a ton of East (and probably West) guys who commute from current AA bases who would benefit greatly from a speedily done SLI. USAPA cost its members (collectively) a significant amount of money pre-merger due to working under an atrocious contract for close to a decade that wasn't improved, and it looks like the same mentality is still in place.

They talk big about protecting everyone from the APA but it's clear by their actions that they are going much further than that. The folks in control on the union side are making it very difficult to have an amicable relationship, if you were the APA at what point would you get tired of it all?

IMO of course.
Quote: ...USAPA is doing its best to stall the proceedings and IMO comes off looking like they are the bad guy in this ordeal same as before...
The NMB issued a list of arbitrators pursuant to the obligations of MB. Maybe you were not aware of that. USAPA has performed and is performing its obligations under both the MB statute and the ratified MOU.

If anyone is stalling, it is the APA. I don't blame them one bit.
Quote: Absolutely fictitious.
The 2005 TA was the only contract to ever provide any means to implement the results of the ALPA arbitration.

It's the only relevant fact that Marty ever obfuscated.
Quote: As I stated.
Twice now. Congratulations.

A duty to comply with a federal statute is not a representational matter, ergo you are vanquishing windmills and straw men.
Quote: Could ALPA or Teamsters theoretically throw their name in the hat during this 30 day period?
^^^This. I hope the Teamsters come in. But, it will take money to launch the organization effort.
Quote: Really, what else are you selling? APA will recycle their machetes from the TWA guys, sharpen them, then ready them for insertion.
Yes, I realize this is the hysteria-based propaganda USAPA is using to convince a majority of their membership to support their self-serving agenda. The boogeyman can be a powerful weapon..........
Quote: Could ALPA or Teamsters theoretically throw their name in the hat during this 30 day period?
I believe you have to have at least 50% of affected pilots demonstrate an interest in unseating the incumbent. Not even close in this situation.
Quote: Absolutely fictitious.
Not at all.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 19
Go to